Chapter 16 - His Meal, Her Stallion

Asimina

"Raffaele?"

He stands there, holding a red rose in a fitted black suit, his black shirt hugging his body perfectly. He looks handsome and sexy with a devilish grin on his face.

I stand nauseated, in shock, and breathing heavily with my eyes widened. "You?" I finally remember to speak.

"I'm holding a red rose, aren't I?" he asks, his seductive voice weakening my knees.

Scoffing, I raise my glass, gulping my drink before turning on my heels and walking away. I need to get out of this place. Walking towards the exit doors of the ballroom, Tommy stops me shaking his head. I give myself a mental note to shoot Tommy the Gun later! Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath and head outside to the balcony for some air, the only outdoor space we're allowed. I'm fucking trapped here till midnight.

"Are you that disappointed?" Raffaele questions, a hint of hurt in his deep voice.

"Go in there. Tell them you made a mistake. Withdraw your bid," I order. I'm trying to work out what the hell I'm feeling and how the hell I'm going to cope tonight.

"I can't. The funds are already transferred." He lowers his head, smiling at a memory before meeting my eyes. Tilting his head, he proclaims, "And I won't, because I don't want to."

"Twenty million dollars, Raffaele? Do you like keeping me in debt to you?" My brows knit together.

"I make that in a day, Asimina." He speaks completely impassive about it all.

Turning, I tightly grip the balcony rails. He's the winning bidder. I'm stuck here with him. This will be torture! Letting out a heavy breath, I curse, "Fuck me!"

"Are you propositioning me, Ms. Alexiou?" he asks with playfulness in his voice.

"What?" I stare in his direction, watching him leaning on the rails. I feel my anger surfacing. I'm sick of this man toying with me. "My worth is higher than where you have me sitting. I'm not one of those whores you fuck and dump!" Control your breathing, Asimina. Don't let your heartbreak show. "I am not your sampler, and I will never be."

As I attempt to move past him, he puts his hand out, placing it on my stomach and halting my footsteps. "Is your little tantrum over?" he asks, holding back his laughter and pressing his lips tightly together. He's amused, pissing me off even more. Pushing his hand away, I take a step back. My hand itches for the hot stinging sensation. Raising my hand, I go to bring it down to his cheek. Only this time, he's faster than me and grabs hold of my wrists, pulling me into his chest.

Lowering his lips to my ear, I feel his hot breaths run down my neck, sending shivers down my spine. "I gave up the samplers table," he hums into my ear. "I know how you feel, Asimina. Your body gives you away."

His words temporarily stop my heart. My nerves start to surface, and my palms get sweaty. I'm unable to talk, unable to move. I'm petrified! I'm so fucking scared of what's coming next. With our cheeks touching, he continues to speak into my ear, and my eyes remain glued to his shoulder.

"I overheard you talking with Nat," he reveals. Placing a kiss on my temple, he finally lets go of my wrists and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me close. "Say it, sweetheart. Tell me you want me," he whispers in my ear. My traitorous body starts to tremble and heat up. "Be my only meal, Asimina." His words excite me, and my anger begins fading. Leaning my head on his shoulder, I breathe slowly. I'm lost for words. Me! Speechless! This has never happened before. I usually have a response to everything.

"Tell me," he pleads, getting impatient.

A million thoughts run through my head. Do I dare? Breathing out, I close my eyes, refusing to face him and look into his eyes. I'm scared I'll end up seeing regret again. Keeping my forehead on his shoulder, with a shaky breath, I let out the words that could make me the happiest I've ever been or shatter my heart to pieces. My mouth opens, and I'm not even sure if I'm talking out loud. I only hear my thumping heartbeat and Raffaele's breaths. "I've fallen for you. I'm in love with you," I whisper.