Sushi and Kidnappings

Zira's POV

We sat, Crowley in the cair across from me asleep, and myself pretending to read but setting up back up plans in case everything went pear-shaped as Crowley had said. It had been almost fourteen years since we adverted Armageddon.  We both knew that the demons were coming for him. The angels were doing nothing, like actually nothing. I had set up endless backup plans and different traps. Some of which Crowley didn't know about. All I knew was that I wasn't going to let them take him. I got up and grabbed a pen and a few different sheets of paper. I began writing a complicated equation that I don't even want to attempt to explain. I heard Crowley begin to move around and I shoved the papers in a drawer in the desk. He stretched his long legs and moved to adjust his sunglasses before realizing they weren't on him. His yellow slitted eyes stared at me as I walked in. I smiled as sweetly as possible and grabbed the glasses from where I had put them after having gently taken them off Crowley when he fell asleep. He gave me a half smile before putting them on. 

"How long was I asleep angel." He said standing up. I shrugged and looked at the clock. 

"Not too long." I ran a hand through my blond-white hair.  "Hungry?" 

He shrugged and grabbed his coat. I hesitated and got in the car after him. He began to drive to my favourite sushi bar and I smiled. Not before fidgeting and looking at the fast moving life outside of Crowley's speeding car. 

"Hey what's wrong angel?" I shook my head and sighed. He looked away minding his own business but I noticed the few side glances he sent me. In all honesty, I was rather worried that while we were out someone was going to take him. "It's going to be fine afterwards we'll go right back." He said almost as of he had read my mind. I pushed a fake smile and we pulled up. 

T.S()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

We had left to get back into the car past late. When it happened. It was quick and honestly, I don't remember most of it so work with me.  I had been walking around the car when someone grabbed the back of my coat collar. I had been sent backwards a bit losing my footing. I put my weight on the back of the car where my leg was kicked out and my head smashed into the metal bars on the back of the car. My breath caught and before I had time to let the world stop spinning I hit the ground and passed out the last thing I saw was the contorted face of Dagon and the voice of my best friend yelling at them as I raised an arm slowly and snapped miracling him into the bookstore so they couldn't get to him. I let myself fall to the darkness praying Crowley wouldn't come after me. 

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Crowley's POV

The look of fear on Aziraphale's face as he sent me spiralling back to the bookstore was heartbreaking. It made it worse that I knew the fear wasn't for him. He had stopped caring about himself about three months ago. Or maybe he never did. I tore through my own mind trying to find a connecting piece. Nothing. Suddenly there was a knock at the door, I went to look walking from his bedroom to the front. There was nothing but a laptop and a messily written note, the ink looking red as blood and as I looked closer I saw that it truly was blood. It better not be Zira's. How long had I been in my own mind? Hours by the look of it, how was that possible?  

Leave the computer we will contact you through it, be sure to have it on you at all times otherwise you may never see your precious angel again. 

I exhaled shakily not realising I had been holding my breath. I opened the laptop only to see a video call coming through, I answered. The first thing I saw was Aziraphel sitting in a wide back chair his arm tied uncomfortably behind him, his shoulders bending at a strange angle. Other than that he looked mostly unharmed. He shook his head at the camera as if telling me not to do something. I knew what it was going to be and so did he.

"Hello, Crowley." Lord Beelzebub's voice buzzed from the speakers. It was on the video this time, not the radio or however else they chose to contact me.  "Now Crowley, there is something very important you have to understand, we have your angel." The demon spat the word as if it tasted foul. "But we need something from you. Well, correction we need you. We know the traps and tricks set around the bookshop. We also know that angel here won't let you out of the house. That's what most of his concentration is on now." At that Zira looked up at me with a small worried smile biting his bottom lip. "Eventually he will reach his limit and you can leave, until then we will speed up the process. Personally, I don't think he deserves the relief of death so until he gives out we will make minor adjustments to his physical form." As she said it Aziraphale's eyes got wide and he flinched slightly as a large burly man/demon/thing emerged from the shadows. He took a swing at my poor angel and it landed with a thud.  Zira let his head fall and took a moment to recompose himself before looking up at the camera like nothing happened smiling past a split lip. I yelled and he only smiled. 

"You know I have a while before my energy runs out, sooooooooooo we'll probably be here for a while." Zira snapped and I facepalmed, he shouldn't taunt them. Which of course earned him a hit to the gut. He grunted and straightened, trying to keep up an act of not caring but I could see the fear behind his eyes.

"Angel, let me out. Please. Don't let them do this." I begged. He only shook his head.

"Please they're being kind I could go on for a while, plus they'll kill you, my dear, I'm bait they won't kill me." He said with a smirk. "I'm right aren't I?" He looked at Beelzebub who only side nodded at the man/demon thing who landed two more punches on my angel. Zira winked before the line went dead, static being the only thing I saw.  I took off my sunglasses and threw them at the ground feeling helpless there wasn't anything for me to do. The worst part was that he was right. They'd never kill him, maybe push him to the edge but he was their bargaining chip, they couldn't kill him. It did mean however they could do some pretty awful stuff to him, and he would smile all the way through it to keep me here. I let my eyes fall shut. My heart pounded. The sound of the punches being landed replaying in my head. They were hurting him, my angel. I erased the thought and sat down heavily, trying to find some kind of plan to save him, even if it meant killing myself.

Oh my, well the first chapter, I hate it... I don't know maybe you won't. Hope you like it don't be afraid to comment! Please tell me if it's bad I'll take it down I don't want to embarrass myself...

With love, 

-AA