Well that's different

Crowley's POV

For the next few days, I kept us in the bookshop Zira was having a hard time healing and he still seemed to be constantly light-headed. He wasn't regaining the normal miracling energy he used to have, it had started to bother him. We had seen Hastur and one or two other demons pass the store and we knew we were under close watch. Often times I would stare straight back until they got bored and moved on, all while Zira panicked.  

"What happens if they get to you?" He would ask and my answer was always the same.

"Then I kill them all and come back for you." The truth was, I didn't know. He didn't need to know that though. He was already practically killing himself with worry. On more than one occasion I had seen him in the large back chair staring out the window trying not to fall asleep gauding me as I did sleep. When I noticed I always dragged him into bed with me hoping to calm him down, it rarely worked but in this case, I didn't care, so long as he was healing everything would be okay.  I was pulled from my thoughts as a loud clatter sounded from the bedroom.

"Angel?" I stood up. I ran in to see Zira leaning on the bed panting. "Angel, what's wrong? Are you okay?" He groaned.

"I'm fine. I'll be fine in a moment." His voice still sounded like sandpaper had been shoved down his throat. I turned him so he was sitting on the bed. A faint red glow surrounding him. He gripped the bedsheets. "Or maybe not." He turned his head so it was pressed against his shoulder. Suddenly he cried out and the glow disappeared. He swayed slightly before looking up at me, his normally blue eyes even more vibrant than usual.

"Testing, testing." He said in a voice that definitely wasn't his, it was womanly and Scottish. I looked at not him shocked.

"Zira?" The thing that wasn't my angel looked up.

"Not quite, I'm Asteraoth the angel who thwarts power, well I was until I fell, but to be honest, I am very unhappy with it, I'm not your average demon. Anyway, Satan practically is power, his pet is as you know Beezlebub, and to be honest, he's getting on my nerves, you and your angel here are some of the best people to come to when you need to overthrow something big, stopping the Armageddon as you did. Oh, hang on your angel is fighting me let me hand you over." The other fallen angel stopped for a moment concentrating.

"Crowley!" Aziraphale's voice cut through. His vessel was breathing heavily. "I think she's burning me out. She's taking over the vessel, we need to get her a new one and quick." What I believe to be Zira clutched his chest and winced.

"Oh, that hurts, he's pushing me out. Hey! Stop." The demon said with a small smirk. I was shocked into silence until she said that.

"Okay Zira, stop, you are going to kill both of you. Aster, can I call you Aster? Anyway, you need to take another body, you are killing my angel." Aster nodded, but quickly her expression changed.

"Alright, Crowley it's me, we are going to combine our 'power' it should be enough even with the small amount I have now. It should be able to separate us before it's too late." I shook my head but went to grab his hands.

"This won't work Zira! It's never worked like this!" I said forcing his hands down, he smiled sadly.

"This is the only option we have it's this or we both die." He stopped staring me in the eyes pleadingly.

"Fine but I don't have to like it." I grabbed his hands again.

"Okay Aster you have got to picture who you are going to be, this is tedious but leaving us together would be worse. Crowley, be ready for the worst," He gave me a look before squeezing his eyes shut. The lights flickered and a mix of Zira and Aster's voices filled the room screaming. Suddenly they were two different people. Zira fell back completely depleted of energy, and Aster grinned admiring her new body. Her dark blond hair hung in crazy curls around her head she looked up at me with beautiful blue eyes, she, in all honesty, looked a lot like a female Aziraphale. She then stood up and I looked away seeing as she had no clothing on. She gasped and I heard a slight rustling as she miracled clothing. I turned back as she tapped me on the shoulder. She had a flannel wrapped around her waist a pair of torn up jeans and a Nirvana T-shirt on. Much more typical human than Zira. She smiled.

"How do I look?" I looked her over.

"Like an attempted murderer," I said sharply pushing past her to get to Zira. "Come on wake up!" I mumbled holding him to my chest and sending aggressive looks at  Aster. My identifying mark being my eyes whereas she had a curly black tattoo running from just above of her eye down past her collar bone. Nothing special and easy to play off, I envied her. After a few moments, he began to come back. He leaned back so his head was against my chest and looked the other demon over.

"Hello dear." His voice came out tiredly.

"Hello, Aziraphale, principality, angel of the eastern gate." She said with a small smile. Zira let out a laugh and beckoned for her to come closer.

"Oh, you have picked a lovely vessel!" He sat her down next to us and he sat up slightly wobbly. He touched her hair and the side of her face, she leaned into his hand lightly. "I have missed you so much." Her smile grew wider and she reached out to gently touch one of his still present wings.

"Demons?" She asked and Zira smiled sadly. She placed her forehead on his, before pulling back shocked. "For him?" She motioned at me.

"Always, forever." She practically squealed.

"See I told you, you would find someone!" She said proudly, Zira smiled and leaned back into me.

"Okay sorry to ruin the moment or whatever this is but what the heaven?" I said exasperatedly.

"This is going to take a while," Aster said with a groan. "I'll make tea!" she got up as I looked at Zira confused. He only smiled and kissed my jawline, looking tired he now actually had no miracle like abilities now.

Okay, so this was a blast to write! Sorry if it took a turn you didn't like but I'm having fun...

With love

-AA

Word count: 1137