30 mg of fluff and angst

Crowley's POV

As five o'clock rolled around Zira stood up.

"I am going to shower and put on clean clothes. Thank you both so much, you've both saved my life at some point across this journey." He smiled sadly. "And for that, I will never be able to repay." I stood next to him placing my hands over his.

"You already have." I felt my heart leap as I came to a decision. I knelt down in front of him. "Aziraphale my angel, we have known each other for over 6,000 years which is more than most people can say." His hand had long covered his mouth and a small giggle escaped. "Whether we are dragging each other to hell, heaven, or otherwise, I want you by my side. I knew for that day in Eden that I loved you. Mr.I gave it away. You are the one person who made me feel like I was more than just a demon, like I was meant for something. I love you more than words can explain. In short, Aziraphale, will you marry me?" I miracled a ring into my hand and he smiled widely tears brimming in his eyes before he nodded quickly.

"Yes! Yes, yes I will." I slid the ring on his hand and he laughed as I bent him back to kiss him. Aster who was still sitting in the chair squealed. Zira concentrated and suddenly a gold band with three small diamonds embedded in it appeared on my finger.

"What did we just tell you?!" I said pushing him playfully. He smiled sheepishly pecking my nose.

"I couldn't help myself. I figured why just one of us when it could be both." He laughed and I picked him up, gently spinning him in the air.

"I love you." He whispered back me too and I set him down. He hugged me before hurrying off to the bedroom. I sat back down unable to wipe the smile off of my face. Aster smiled at me.

"You guys... Uuuggghhh that's so cute." Suddenly she was sitting next to me. "If you hurt him I'll kill you."

"Interesting words coming from you." She flinched.

"Be nice Crowley." I heard Zira yell from the bedroom then the water turned on.

"Sorry," I said still smiling and she punched my arm lightly.

"Nah, it's my fault your fine. I'm really sorry I hope you know that." I nodded with a smile.

"Hey, Crowley? Can you give me a hand?" Zira yelled from the bathroom. I winked at Aster. Patting her on the knee.

"Coming." I jogged down the hall. Zira was standing in the centre of the bathroom attempting to pull the bandages of his wings and failing tremendously. I stepped behind him and pulled one off slowly. His wings were looking thousands of times better.

"Well, would you look at that, your trip as an Archangel really shot up on your healing process." He twisted trying to see his own wings as they were still in my hand. "Stop moving!" I let go of his wing and he pulled it around him. He winced slightly but smiled.

"Well, at least it was good for something other than murdering people." He looked down. I put my hand under his chin.

"Hey, you saved my life. Don't think of it that way. They were awful people anyway." He nodded still not meeting my eyes. I sighed and kissed him again. He laughed against my lips and I pinched his side. I helped him unwrap his shoulder and chest, the knife had managed to just barely miss the other side but it was still pretty deep. I brushed a hand over it and he yelped slightly. I looked down slightly if only I had been able to better protect him. He kissed me this time.

"It's okay. It doesn't hurt me." He lied. and he put my hand on the other side of his chest. "Do you feel that? That's my heart, alright? It's still beating. I'm not leaving you." I smiled and he pushed me out gently. "Now I really do want to shower." I smiled and walked out.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Aziraphale's POV

I stood in the hot water until it ran clear. The long dried blood coming off of me satisfyingly. I washed through my curls and stepped out of the shower drying off and getting dressed. I kept my shirt off searching through the bedroom for the sewing kit. Finally, I stumbled upon it after looking under a stack of books. Willing my hands to stop shaking I threaded the needle and stood in front of the mirror. Levelling it with the gaping wound in my chest I took a deep breath and made the first stitch. I tensed and groaned. It burned and there was a strange sensation as the thread slid through. It wasn't ideal but it did the trick. I finished and sighed realizing I couldn't re-wrap it on my own. I threw on a dark button up and buttoned the bottom ones peeking my head into the room they were sitting in. "Crowley? Can I have your help again? I'm sorry." He smiled.

"Don't be!" I waved at Aster and she winked. I was slightly taken aback but decided not to say anything. We walked into the bedroom and he pulled out the first aid kit. He motioned at my shirt and I shrugged it off. He turned back to me and looked shocked. "Did you... Stitch yourself up?" I nodded and he scoffed."Zira! You could have hurt yourself!"

"It's honestly fine." He shook his head and looked closer.

"Zira?" I wasn't looking at him.

"Yes?"

"Why are you so good at stitching yourself up?" I didn't meet his eyes. They were memories I chose not to relive. "Angel?" I sighed and looked up at him.

"I worked in both of the world wars. I saw a lot..." I trailed off swallowing past the lump in my throat. "I saw a lot of good people die it wasn't always a clean job. I was sent in a few times." I shuddered the faces of my comrades flashing past as I refused to look back up at Crowley. "I lost my whole troop." My voice cracked. Their screams echoing in my head.

"Oh, Zira. I'm so sorry. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Never thought I'd have too." I blinked rapidly holding back tears. I would still wake up at night thinking I had heard bombs or gunshots. He pulled me in tight and I breathed out shakily.

"It's going to be okay I won't let anything happen to you." He rubbed down my back and I wiped my eyes hoping he wouldn't notice. I sat back up and he helped me rebandage everything. I admired my ring, simple silver with curling white lines circling it like mist. Suddenly I felt that the ring I gave him wasn't enough. I put my hands into my lap and he finished with my wings. He rotated but first put a hand on my cheek.

"Beautiful." He mumbled and placed a chaste kiss on my lips. I blushed and he laughed. He quickly bandaged my front and I put my shirt back on, accompanied by a lavender jumper. He laughed some more and I looked at him, playfully angry.

"Oh shut up, foul fiend." I threw a towel at him which he caught and laughed harder. I crossed the room in three steps and sat next to him. I attacked his side and he snorted curling into himself. A few seconds later I was on my back and he was straddling my hips. I burst into a fit of giggles as he retaliated. I small cough sounded from the door. I continued to giggle and I looked over at Aster.

"Yes?" I batted at Crowley's hands.

"They are at the door."

"They?" Crowley slid off of my landing perfectly on the floor and I sat up gingerly.

"Angels and demons." Crowley and I made eye contact before walking to the door hand in hand.

Tried to make it fluff and couldn't I need my angst to live.

Word Count: 1368