You know, I think we will be okay

Aziraphale's POV

I sighed as I woke up still feeling a loss realizing Aster wouldn't be there. It was different from the way it had been, at least then I wouldn't have known. Now, however, she was there, her dying face ingrained into my memories. I pushed my head back with a groan. My whole body ached and my head throbbed. I opened my eyes as I felt a caress across my face. 

"Hey, Zira." He looked rather pale and I sat up quickly, shaking my head as I saw stars. He put a hand on my back and I swung my legs off of him. 

"Are you hurt?" I blinked rapidly before beginning to touch his chest and the side of his face. He didn't answer and I was suddenly aware of the wet that had soaked into my pants. I touched my hand to his thigh. It came back red.

"Crowley?" I began to stand up before a wave of dizziness worse than before hit me I was forced to sit down. I gasped but stood again. Quickly grabbing the well used first aid kit. 

"Zira I'm fine please lay down" I shook my head. 

"Do me a favour, I will support you just... your trousers. They're kind of in my way." Crowley raised his eyebrows. I scoffed, instantly regretting my choice of words. 

"Well there angel, I mean sure but I don't think eith-" I blushed harshly at stared at him.

"Just do as you are told." I heard a mumbled kinky. He did, however, pull them down slightly exposing a gaping wound in his thigh. 

"Come on angel it's not that bad." He said with a wince and I pulled out the supplies doing what he had done for me so many times over the past few days. I helped him raise the leg bandaging it quickly and setting it back down. "Honestly you fret over me too much." 

"Yes well, you have been fretting over me. It's only fair to return the favour." I said simply. He went to move his arm exasperatedly before wincing and setting it down. I looked over and gripped his arm tightly seeing the tear in the otherwise perfect fabric. "Crowley, why do you never say anything?"

"It's never necessary angel," he said with a shrug and I pulled off the jacket, leaving only the thin undershirt. I thanked that lord that the cut wasn't deep. I was able to easily wrap it and have everything be fine, hopefully. 

"It's always necessary, dear," I responded quietly, sometime later. He put a hand on the side of my face and I leaned into it gently.  He leaned down and kissed me gently, I sighed happily as I was embraced in warmth as the demon's dark wings circled both of us.  I tried not to breathe deeply seeing as every time I did it felt like I was being stabbed all over again. Suddenly I was being pulled down. Crowley had me laying on his chest with his better leg wrapped around mine. I rolled over slightly so I was laying next to him, Staring into his eyes happily, flecks of gold and green still allowing me to get lost in the sea of beauty. I kissed the tip of his nose and he chuckled slightly. I continued to stare are I propped myself up on my better arm. "I think your eyes are beautiful." He sighed and I continued. "No, really it's like a sunrise on a grassy field, but, only just as the sun rises; when the plants begin to glow and everything is so peaceful, no matter where you look you just have pure beauty, and it's calming. Watching as everything restarts and you are at the centre of it. It's like staring into perfection, knowing it will never admire you back, and somehow that's okay. I just know that I am lucky enough to have perfection in my arms, the one thing that has never left me." He inhaled shakily and I watched as one of his tears fell. I reached out and wiped his eyes before any more could do so. "Don't cry I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry!" I said and he shook his head. 

"No, no I'm fine." He sniffed and I shook my head letting my elbow fall so I could be level with him. "You really don't think you're good enough do you?" I was taken slightly aback by the question. I mean, of course, I didn't. 

"How could I? You're perfect! I'm surrounded by mistakes. I am a hundred percent positive that I have never done anything helpful my entire life. Never mind the fact I nearly got you killed twice! Then adding on to everything you are actually beauty I'm in no way what anyone would think of. For some reason, whether it's stupidity or some kind of trick of fate, I ended up with something as wonderful as you. You deserve more than what I am but I can't be more for you, I try and I just can't." My voice cracked and he looked at me horrified. I went too far, stupid, I was so stupid. I went to stand only to feel my sleeve being tugged on. Crowley pulled me back down and kissed me harder this time. 

"You are exactly what I deserve." He said sadly. "I only wish you could see that. You are the smartest, kindest, most beautiful creature on this planet and everything else. No, it's not a trick of fate and I know for sure that it's not stupidity, because I love you more than anything. You are beautiful and I would never trade you for anything else, even if it meant losing my life, you pulled me out of the pit I had been dragged into and let me see what it was like to be loved. I love you or does this ring tell you nothing." He reached up to touch me again. "Don't forget that. I love you." I felt a small smile creep across my face. I kissed him again, softly this time, like the fluttering of butterfly wings. He quickly deepened it. He flipped over me slightly and I winced, he quickly sat back and I immediately regretted doing anything. He swung his leg off of my hips and sat back.

"I'm so sorry, angel," I only shook my head and sat up gingerly. 

"Well, I suppose it is time to let things go back to normal," I said lightly. 

"You know Gabriel will be back," Crowley said worry in his eyes. 

"Yes, yes I do but this time we will be ready, and nothing can stop us." I looked deeply into his eyes and he laughed, touching the tip of his finger to my nose. I giggled and batted him away. Everything would be fine.

Word count: 1200

As our story draws up to a close in the next chapters I would like to dearly thank you all for reading and hopefully enjoying my story, and a quick heads up seeing as I will very soon be posting a one-shot good omens book. Thank you all with love,

-AA