This is a disaster: A guide to not dying

Aziraphale's POV

I lied, correction, I lied a lot. It wasn't a small harmless lie no, no it was going to get my best friend killed.  I coughed as a hit to the ribs pulled me from my thoughts. 

"I'm having fun, are you?" The large man/demon with what seemed to be muscles protruding from his skin said in a deep voice. I made an obviously fake smile and tilted my head slightly in a sarcastic agreement.  Oh, what's the lie? Well, I am running out of energy quite quickly, what with Crowley constantly pushing into the barrier. I wasn't meant to do things like this, my concentration was being split in too many ways. I sat, there wasn't much else for me to do, the cool of being practically miracle-less seeping into my mind. It made me nearly human. 

"Let. Him. Out." Lord Beelzebub said for the umpteenth time. 

"No," I replied there was no way in either of the afterlives I was letting them take him. My breath caught slightly as I saw the man walk back up with what happened to be indeed a small sharp knife, well I learned it was actually rather dull as the knife shredded through the skin just below my collar bone, I had never been so glad to not be in my coat and vest, being in only my button-up shirt and suit pants. I felt warm blood run down my front. I squeezed my eyes shut and attempted to block out the searing pain, with no avail. 

"Come on, this could all stop! Just let him out." I shook my head and chuckled. 

"Why would I? So you could do this exact thing to him? I don't think so." I sighed as the man twirled the knife, typical. However, I didn't expect him to shove it deep into my shoulder. I screamed and Beelzebub only looked at me pleased. In the time it took of me to calm down slightly I had found a weak spot in the rope. From what I had learned most people had no skill when it came to tieing other people up. I mean honestly when you have years and years of doing nothing take a course, read a book. It couldn't hurt. I continued to mask the look of excitement as I got a finger underneath it. I took a deep breath and pulled, it came apart in my hand. I coughed into my other shoulder giving myself enough time to fully pull the rope out. one sharp tug and it was falling silently to the floor. I took a second deep breath and in the time Beelzebub wasn't looking I pulled the knife out of my shoulder, biting my bottom lip attempting to hide a cry, and threw it at the singular light fixture sending the room into darkness, I reached down and untied my ankles quickly before bolting to the door. I made it out into the hallway and halfway to the staircase out of hell before I heard anyone coming for me. Covering my shoulder I allowed my wings to explode out and I shot to the stairs, soaring over them and up to the human world. I clenched my teeth as a sore, broken-bone sort of pain shot through my whole body as I fell unsteadily to the ground, my wings disappeared and I got in a taxi the demons close in tow. I tore across the street to my bookshop and slammed the door once I was inside. Crowley ran over to me, a strange fear in his eyes as if he had been truly worried about me, as if.

"I'm so sorry, my dear." That was all that made it out before I collapsed into him. 

T.S()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

I heard someone talking to me as I came back around. 

"Angel? Angel? Can you hear me?" I blinked my eyes open.

"Crowley." I breathed happily realising I wasn't still in hell. Crowley sighed and sat back in the chair next to the bed I appeared to be in. 

"Why wouldn't you let me out, you bloody moron." I sighed and sat up swinging my legs off the bed wincing slightly as my shoulder seared.   

"Like I said. Bait." I pointed at myself, "Prey." He looked almost offended. "Trap." I gestured downward.  

"I know, I know that. I could have at least helped." I shook my head and closed my eyes noticing the hard pounding around my head. 

"I told you how many years ago? I don't want you to risk your life for anything." I watched as Crowley crumpled in defeat, he knew he wasn't going to win this argument. He rested his head on his hand and I felt the exhaustion of holding a barrier like that up for as long as I had been. "Promise not to go anywhere?" Crowley nodded and I let the barrier fall.  I crossed my ankles and laid my head on my hands. 

"Have you slept? Like ever? When you haven't passed out?" Crowley questioned. I shook my head. "Really? Wow okay. Sleep trust me you won't regret it." I looked at him suspiciously.

"And you promised you wouldn't leave." 

"Yes, I know." He put his hands up in surrender. I smiled slightly and felt around my shoulder. It was still bleeding which explained the headache that and the fact with a few more hits he probably would have broken my nose. 

"Before I do anything, however, I need to cover this up." I gestured loosely at my arm.  He nodded and shot up. I subconsciously flinched. I watched as he paled realising he had scared me.  

"I'm so sorry." He bent down so we were even. "I won't let them hurt you anymore." For a second my breath caught. Was he going to kiss me? Then he didn't and I sighed with a small smile. I wanted to tell him but now was the worst time of all and I knew he didn't feel the same.  I sat as he patched me up surprisingly gently.  Crowley smiled and I laid back enjoying the feeling of being at least somewhat taken care of even under these circumstances. 

Slowly I began to fall asleep, hoping that by God, my moron of a demon wouldn't run away. 

Word count: 1055