Did someone call pain? He's here.

Crowley's POV 

Aziraphale had been silent for almost three hours and still, tears managed to flow. I tried to brush through his wings untangling the feathers before seeing the holes and broken bones, and crying again. I knew I would have to help him with them later but right now I just couldn't. My heart jumped in my chest as he began to wake up. I still had him wrapped up tightly with his head tucked into my chest.  He blinked his eyes open and he groaned it still barely coming out as any sound. He shivered having a hard time keep in any heat. 

"Hello, angel," I said and he slowly raised an arm reaching out to brush away the tears that stained my face. His hands were cold and shaking. He clenched his teeth and buried his face in my chest. The pain returning now. I looked at him sadly. "Hey, it's going to be okay." I hugged him closer not knowing what else to do. Uncaringly I kissed him lightly on the top of the head and laid back so that he was laying on top of me slightly. I continued to mumble that it would be okay, trying to soothe him as he began to cry. I ran my hand through his hair it was soft as clouds and his curls were unruly. I brushed out his hair and he sighed deeply. It wasn't until hours later did I get the chance to help Aziraphale. When Zira had calmed enough to let me lay him down without me I grabbed the first aid kit, hoping for a bit more but settling with what I have not really having much of a choice.  I rushed back to him and opened the kit, seeing only simple bandages, a bit of surgical tape, gauze, rubbing alcohol, and hydrogen peroxide. This was not going to be fun. 

"Angel? Can you flip yourself to your stomach?" I asked gently and he did wincing slightly. "I'm so sorry but this is going to hurt a lot." There was no use lying to him. Zira took a pillow and pushed it into his chest having what could only be described as a death grip on it.  I took one of his wings and pulled it down until it rested gently in my lap. "I'm so sorry." I began to brush through the feathers some coming out in clumps others sticking to the open wound. I didn't get too near that he was already halfway to screaming, he had bit into the pillow long ago. I continued to brush out the clumps until his wigs were tangle free. Not exactly blood free, far from it and it seemed to be flowing faster. I moved down to where the nail had broken through. Wincing sympathetically I grabbed the rubbing alcohol deciding to sterilize it first.

"I'm so so sorry." I poured a bit of it on a large piece of gauze. I touched it to the wound and Aziraphale screamed. I squeezed my eyes shut feeling awful. He continued to whimper as I clean the rest occasionally yelling. "Alright that was it, I need to wrap up the bones but you should be okay for now. Three of the seven bones in this wing are broken," I winced sympathetically. "this might take awhile." He only nodded weakly, groaning as I moved the wing, I wrapped it slowly and Zira bit his lip. About twenty minutes later I was done and I move the chair to the other side. Switching the wings. It was almost completely the same with the exception of the nail wound which looked as if it had been torn. I took greater care and he cried. This wing only had two of the fragile bone broken one only slightly fractured not fully snapped. I finished and Zira shook with pain. I did something I promised I wouldn't do. I kissed him, hard on the mouth. He looked back at me red-eyed and shocked. I smiled and he tried to move over. I helped him curl into me, he didn't care about my blood stained hands. He leaned up to kiss me again before he fell asleep into my chest.  

T.S()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Aziraphale's POV

All I could feel was pain, my wings being hyper-sensitive making everything thousands of times worse. Just breathing shifted them slightly and made me want to scream. Crowley stayed asleep as I sat up, which made nothing better but I couldn't sleep. I gently sat into the chair Crowley had set by the bed, I winced and pulled my wings around to sit in my lap. I watched Crowley sleep with a sigh. He had done so much but I knew he wouldn't say anything about it if anything he would blame it on himself. I placed my hand on the side of his face, stroking the bruised cheekbone. 

"I'm so sorry," I whispered quietly before kissing him on the forehead.  I sat and watched him for a bit before he began to toss and turn. 

"No, no, NO!" He yelled. "Not again. Please stop. Please! Aziraphale!" I snapped back to reality. Gently I put my hand on his shoulder and shook him awake. 

"Hey, hey it's alright," I said quietly still not having much of a voice. Crowley opened his eyes and quickly wrapped his arms around my neck. I continued to hush him rocking him back and forth slightly. Shifting my hips so I could fall to the bed, I pulled him into my lap. "You want to tell me what all that is about?" He looked up at me his eyes still fearful. 

"I...I thought they took.. you...you again." I smiled sadly.

"I'm right here I'm not leaving. It's okay we can take turns being the strong one." I sat with him until his heart returned to a normal pace and his breathing slowed. The room swam a little bit and I realised how light headed I was. I blinked rapidly and Crowley looked up.

"Hey, you should lay down." I shook my head he stood up nervously. 

"I'm fine! Trust me!" I smiled and stood up as well before leaning against the wall gently. Normally I would use my wings but they were out of the question now. 

"Come on Angel, Lay down." I sighed but sat in the chair. Crowley shook his head. "I'm going to go make tea okay love, I'll be right back, stay sitting, please." I nodded with a small smile. I felt awful, I gave him night terrors. I couldn't keep the barriers up long enough to keep him safe. At least, it was me not him. Crowley came back with a sludgy looking cup of tea and I looked at it suspiciously. I took a sip and gagged slightly, it was awful. Now, I faked it and gently placed the tea to the side. 

"It's awful isn't it?" I shook my head.

"No, no it's fine," I said my voice cracking slightly.  

"Don't lie to me." I sighed.

"Okay fine, do me a favour and never make tea again." He chucked and I smiled. Reaching over to him I took off the sunglasses he must have found in the small kitchen. "Please, I love your eyes." He sighed but took my face in his hands and kissed me gently. 

"Yes, and I love you." I smiled shyly and got up. 

"Alright, I'm making actual tea." Crowley looked at me exasperatedly. 

"Fine but then you have to promise to stay sitting or laying down preferably the later but you're stubborn." I smiled wider and began to walk into the kitchen blushing as I felt Crowley snake his arms around my waist. I did, however, wince as he pushed against my wings. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" He jumped away and I turned so I could hug him from the front. He kissed my forehead and I went back to making the tea. 

Word count: 1333