Light my soul on fire

Crowley's POV

About an hour and a half had passed since Aziraphale was taken from me. Maybe more, maybe less for him, time moved differently in both places. I still felt the burn of diluted holy water on my skin and the sharp pain of a snapped wrist as it swelled under the ropes. I winced as a knife dug into my shoulder. Hastur pushed it in slowly and I gritted my teeth. At least Zira and I will have matching scars. 

"Not so sharp-tongued now, are you?" He said his breath smelling of corpses and death. I was about to snap back when the door to heaven exploded inward. Standing in the jumble of metal was my angel glowing at such a force it radiated through the room. Hastur took the knife from my shoulder and readied to attack Zira. Before he could make it five steps, he was thrown through a wall and didn't move. Zira turned and stared at Beezelbub threateningly. 

"You!" His voice boomed at levels higher than I had ever heard from him. "You hurt him, and me now I am going to take him out of here without you interfering." I watched as he strutted up to them and placed a hand on their chest, they burst into flames falling to the floor. I gasped and he looked at me, true emotion flooding his eyes for the first time yet. He ran over the light faded slightly but still glowed around him. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have let them take me." He mumbled quietly and I raised my newly untied hand to touch his slightly red face. 

"Don't be," I said and stood up, as I was completely untied. He grabbed my hand and I nodded. We walked over Hastur and out into the hallway it was illuminated by a still glowing Zira. I heard footsteps hurrying down the corridor. He stepped in front of me and as they took the bend he put a hand out, stopping the oncoming demons in their tracks, they exploded and I jumped slightly. We continued to walk, Zira keeping watch. Just as we hit the stairwell I saw Aster. "Zira?"

"I see her." He let go of my hand for the first time, he took a small step towards her. "Listen closely you can come with us, restart everything. You don't have to live like this!" He looked back and I nodded quickly. "You know I mean it. I loved you so much. Don't make me regret it please." Tears welled up in his eyes and she only stared emotionlessly. Then as if a switch had been flipped she smirked and I could see her prepare for her next words.

"You never loved me. Don't tell me that. I fell and you shut me out. I reached for you and never heard anything back." She walked forward and trust a finger into Zira chest threateningly, he winced slightly. "You. left. me." A new stab every time. She pulled her hand back and I stared shocked as it came back bloody, it probably wasn't his. "I thought you were always going to be there." She paused. "You're wrong, you never loved me, I loved you. You were the stars to my moon. My partner in goddamned crime. I thought we would be together forever then we weren't. Do you know why I tried to kill Gabriel? Because he hurt you and you would never do anything to fight back. So instead I did, and it killed me." Tears had long been streaming down her face. She pounded a single fist on his chest and he winced again stepping back slightly. I grabbed his hand and he held it tightly. The light had faded tremendously and it was now a dull glow. 

"I... Aster, I didn't know how to co-" He was cut off.

"You didn't know how to cope!? Try falling and living with that. You do that, then tell me you couldn't cope." He tensed. 

"To be fair to him you made him think he was falling." I tried to help. "From the way he reacted I'd say it was pretty accurate to falling." 

"What about the years after, he didn't have to go through any of that, don't you see? He will never understand. He lived a perfect life in heaven never once did he go through what we did." I scoffed and Zira turned confused. 

"Perfect life? Him? Did you see what Gabriel and the others did to him? Poor thing is constantly a nervous wreck. They messed him up so much he can't stand in the same room with them before practically shaking himself out of his body. And you say he lived a perfect life." Zira turned slightly red around the ears but smiled sadly at me. "See he knows I'm right." The other demon shifted uncomfortably. "Listen, this isn't a pissing contest. I'm just saying Zira has had his fair share of hard times, including you."

"I'm sorry I didn't answer Aster, I thought it would be easier for me and it turns out that it made this so much worse. I'm sorry. Please don't stay here. I don't want to lose you again." He begged. I pulled his sleeve sightly as loud footsteps ran down the hall. He nodded and I watched as the glow brightened slightly. 

"There's too many of them," Aster said as Zira put his hands up. Holding ten demons in the air, more coming down. "You can't hold all of them, you're already fading." She made a split second decision. "Go, and if I live I'll come to find you if not, I'm sorry too." She kissed him gently on the cheek and he looked at her defeat. 

"You know I can't leave you!" He said his hands shaking as he took five more demons to the air.

"You don't have a choice." Suddenly we were outside. I grabbed Zira's hand as he turned. 

"I have to go back, Crowley! I can't leave her!" He fought against my grip. I pulled him into my chest. I didn't move as his tears soaked into my shirt. 

"I'm sorry, I can't let you go back. They'll kill you." I said and he looked up his eyes dry.

"They'll kill her too." I ignored the comment and held him at arm's length.

"Zira you aren't crying right?" 

"No, I'm not crying listen to-,"

"Then why is my shirt wet?" I gently touch the front of his dark blue jumper. My hand came back red. "Zira! Please tell me it's not your blood." He shifted.

"If it makes you feel better I can't feel anything." I gasped and rushed him across the street to the bookshop. "Crowley. I have to go back for her." He tried to push past me and I pushed him down.

"Stay, she will be fine. I promise." He sighed unhappily. The glow surrounding him was practically gone as I helped him pull off the jumper slightly unbuttoning the shirt he was wearing under it. There was a large wound on the right side of his chest it was bleeding profusely, I felt anxiety creep into my mind, even though he couldn't feel it now didn't mean he wouldn't eventually, I pushed around it, one or two of his ribs seemed to have broken at the force of it. He hadn't noticed. He winced as I cleaned it out and bandaged it. I could tell he was regaining feeling as he paled slightly. His body began to sag and I could see his exhaustion. "Maybe you should sleep?" He shook his head.

"No, I'm *yawn* fine." I shook my head and pulled him down on top of me slightly. He began to relax and sighed contently drifting away. I didn't understand where the power had come from, but I decided to ask him when he awoke.

Well, I had no idea where that was going to go I hope you liked it. Sorry I was so late on the update. With love,

-AA

Word count: 1350