We had our moment

Crowley's POV

We walked to the door and I squeezed Zira's hand trying to reassure him. We looked out the window to see the scorched and angry face of Gabriel and Dagon's contorted one. Aziraphale shuddered and I held on to him tightly pushing him behind me ever so slightly. I noticed a slight heat radiating off on him and I rubbed his arm.

"Stay calm," I whispered. He opened the door and the two of them pushed their way in. Gabriel decked me and I hit the floor Zira gasped and I watched as the glow returned, it was still weak but we knew it would make do. He reached down and I grabbed his hand with my better one and he pulled. Gabriel growled and Zira stepped in front of me going practically nose to nose with him. He fisted his hand in the perfectly made suit and shoved him into a bookcase. Gabriel laughed.

"Do you really think that was supposed to do anything." Suddenly Zira was flipped by Gabriel and their positions were switched. I moved to help before I was pinned to the sofa by Dagon. Aster stood shocked until Zira yelled in pain as Gabriel pushed into the precariously done stitches. She jumped at him and Zira as dropped as Gabriel focused on her. I turned back to Dagon and kicked her off me. She growled and got back to her feet. I got one or two punches in and was holding her arms to her sides before she kicked me in the groin and I dropped her. She pinned me to the floor again her hands around my throat. Then she was gone. Well, not so much gone as thrown off of me by Zira. The glow had returned but he was struggling to keep her off. I watched as Aster was thrown to the ground. Gabriel broke Zira's concentration and Dagon came running back to me. Zira yelled again and I watched as red began to stain his shirt. His eyes widened and he ducked as Gabriel went to hit him. Gabriel's hand connected with a glass case and glass rained down on Zira. He rolled slightly and ducked behind a bookcase before I lost sight of him. I grabbed Dagon's arm and triped her over hearing a loud pop as her shoulder dislocated. She screamed and I put a foot down to her back. Leaning down closely, I took her head in my hands whispering a quick sorry, before I turned it sharply. I snapped and the body was gone. Hopefully discorporated not fully dead. I didn't mind Dagon, a bit of a prick at times but never did she truly attempt anything too awful. I heard a loud crash and a cry as one of Zira's bookshelves were shoved over on top of him. He struggled trying to unpin himself. I vaulted over the coffee table and the unconscious Aster. Grabbing Gabriel by the back of his suit and turning him away from my angel.

"You leave him alone you hear me?" I said baring my teeth. Gabriel only laughed before lunging at me knife in hand. I spun quickly, it just barely nicked my upper arm and Gabriel was thrown off balance. I could hear Zira hyperventilating behind me panicking as the bookcase continued to crush him. I snapped and the bookcase shifted but didn't actually move.

"You don't think we planed for that? Obviously we couldn't let the two for you miracle anything. I supposed Dagon missed something." Gabriel said and I ducked. He turned on the spot diving the knife into my thigh as he fell. I screamed and Zira struggled more. Trying to get out to help. At that Aster regained consciousness and walked quietly over to Zira. I continued to distract Gabriel in the meantime. I pulled the knife from my leg thanking someone that it wasn't deep. I lunged at Gabriel he moved just in time. I turned to see Aster helping Aziraphale lift the bookshelf off of him. I felt hot blood run down my leg slightly and beckoned them to hurry. The bookshelf was thrown with a loud clatter as they both threw it off. The knife was taken out of my hand by Zira and he walked to Gabriel slowly.

"You already tried to kill me and couldn't what makes this time any different?" He said in a mocking voice, Zira flinched.

"When you have are looking down the shaft of a bow beg that it is a bad man." He set the knife in place still walking forward. "A bad man will gloat and make a speech and take his time. A good man, will kill you without hesitation." Before I could blink the knife was in Gabriel's chest and they were both on the ground. "For that is the way of the lord." Aziraphale stares into Gabriel's eyes as he gasped.

"But a fool won't look before he shoots." Gabriel said weakly and Zira's eyes widened. Gabriel was gone and the knife laid flat in Zira's hands. In moments he was off his knees and pushing me out of the way as a bullet soared through the air. Zira groaned. I looked him over quickly, seeing that it lodged itself in his already injured shoulder.

"Where the hell did that come from?!" Zira shook his head and got up only to duck down again as a second bullet came through.

"Four more stay down!" I looked at him confused.

"How do you know?"

"Six millennia that's how long we've known each other. One bullet for every thousand years." He flinched as one nearly hit me. He pushed me onto the floor between the sofa and the coffee table. "Stay," He hissed in my ear. Finally all of the bullets ran out, like he said, six. He got up and ran across to Aster who screamed no. Time seemed to slow down. A bullet soared from the darkness. Zira's eyes widened and I could see himself planing for the worst. Then he was on the floor. Aster in his arms. She had shoved him out of the way taking the bullet. I stood cautiously and walked to them.

"No, no Aster. Why, why would you do that?!" He held her closer her head resting on his lap. He pressed down on the quickly bleeding wound. She breathed out heavily.

"Hey look at me, look at me." She said weakly but desperately. He did and I could see tears drop. "You listen alright? Don't you go blaming yourself, because I know you will. You hold on tightly to him." She nodded at me. "You take good care of him alright?" I nodded and smiled sadly. "Azzy? Promise me, you'll move on, don't hold on to this. It's not your fault. I love you Alright I love you. Do me a favour smile for me. Smile for me and remember all the good time okay?" We both knew she wouldn't be coming back. He gave her his best smile and she touched his face before her hand went limp. He pulled her body into his chest and cried. Rocking her back and forth. I caught him whispering that it should have been him and I put my hand on his back. He brushed her hair aside and kissed her forehead.

"It's going to be alright." He sobbed. "I'm so sorry. Just let it be alright." I felt my heart shatter. He tears came out faster and he looked over at me before nodding. It was time to let go. I snapped and her body like Dagon's was gone. I let Zira cry, choking on his tears for hours on end before he finally fell asleep, wrapped up tightly into my chest. I smiled sadly it would take ages for him to finally let her go and I would be the one to stand by him through it all. I held him tightly as I pushed off of the floor. He didn't move as I carried him to the bedroom laying him down on his back. The red had spread throughout his jumper. It was soiled and I figured he wouldn't care very much. I took a pair of scissors and cut through the fabric. Unbuttoning the shirt underneath I saw bruises where the bookcase had crushed him. I placed my hand near the wound and the stitches re-appeared. I stepped away to grab a quilt from the living room. I set the quilt down softly. Looking over at him.I sighed heavily and worked out the knots in his feathers. Then remembering the bullet I pulled it gently from his shoulder before cleaning it out and banging it. I refused to sleep watching over him he began to shiver. I pulled the blanket over him. My heart pounded and I kissed him lightly. Hoping he would make it. I love you I whispered in his ear before brushing the glass still in his wings.

Word count: 1505