As I'm Banned

"You have crazy soft hair."

He leaned his forehead against mine, and pressed his lips against my ear.

"You have told me a million times."

"It's just so soft."

Newt ran his fingers through my hair and nuged my head up to meet his gaze.

"Do you realize how long I have waited to do that?"

"10 days?"

"Don't be a smartass."

"I won't stop, you love it."

"I know."

He kissed me again, colliding our bodies together. He had kissed me for the first time 5 minutes ago, not stopping. I let him, me taking in every inch of him. He eventually slowed, lips puffy and heavy breathing.

"We can't tell."

My head snapped up.

"Why?"

"The Gladers won't stand for it. Alby will think I might do things to you."

"No you won't!"

"He doesn't know that, Ember."

"I do!"

"Ember!"

"Fine!"

I turned away, hurt and angry. Was I really not good enough? Newt caught my wrist and pulled me in.

"I'm sorry."

"I get it."

"I'm really, truly, sorry."

"I know."

He smiled.

"Time to go in."

~~~

"Ember!"

I turned around, and saw Newt running toward Minho and I. We had been walking to the Map Room, when we got pulled over.

"Gathering... today... one hour..."

He was sweaty and totally out of the breath.

"And you are a runner how?"

Newt looked at me with a face that was definitly deemed the 'Minho Face', and faced Minho.

"The whole Glade's gotta be there, so get ready shuck."

I smiled at him, and watched as Minho ran off. Newt grabbed my wrist as I tried to run off, and held it for too long.

"Morning."

"Morning. Let's go to that Gathering, shall we?"

"Definitely."

~~~

"I have been thinking."

Someone whistled.

"Last time ya did that, the Homestead shucking caught fire!"

A chuckle ran through the crowd, and Alby glared at the commenter.

"Anyways, I have been thinking about Ember and her saftey. She is the only girl in the Glade, and we are a bunch of of slinthead teenage boys. Things could get tricky if romantic feelings start... blooming. So, to keep any tension between the boys or Ember away, there can be no,"

Alby scratched his head awakwardly.

"Dating her."

My stomach dropped. Most of the boys shrugged it off, like it wasn't nessacary to have this meeting. It affected about 5 boys, plus Newt. He went stiff, and looked questioningly at Alby.