Bedtime Wrestling

"You what?"

I stood in shock, desperately wishing I could take the words back. I didn't want to admit it, but I did. I loved him, and he didn't shucking love me back. It was embarrassing, and I wanted to climb into my bed and cry myself to sleep. Being a girl in the Glade was hard. I got up and started walking out the door.

"I'm sorry, you can go. Your hand i-"

"No."

I turned around. He grabbed my hand, and sat me down on the bed. He was holding my hand, and staring at me. He was inching towards me, and all of the sudden, he leaned in. I was surprised, not because we hadn't kissed before, but because he was so angry with me before. So incredibly angry. Now he was kissing me, and I didn't know what to do. I stood in shock, not wanting to do anything, because we were out in the open. Well, as open as the MedJack House can get.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing!"

He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Honestly. It's just that we are out in the open, and anyone could walk in right now. It isn't safe for you or me, Newt."

"Your right."

"I know."

"Stop."

I shook my head playfully, and stuck my tongue out at him. He pounced on me, and pinned me to the bed we were sitting on.

"The sarcasm stops or I will have to throw Lady Ember to the grivers. She has 3 seconds."

I squealed, and rolled. He flopped onto the bed with nothing to hold on to, and I rolled to the floor. We both stayed there laughing, me until my sides hurt. Going from serious to playful was fun, and it made me never wanted to stop. This is why I liked Newt, he was childish. And I needed childish.

"Look Newt, i'm sorry."

He rolled off the bed and grabbed my wrists.

"I don't want to talk about that right now. There is time for that and right now isn't bloody it."

I nodded, and he dropped on top of me. I groaned, and he chuckled. We laid next to each other, when I looked at my watch.

"Newt, its 10."

"Oh. Then I guess its off to bed I go."

"Bye."

He looked at me, and smiled. He leaned his forehead against mine, and nudged his nose against mine.

"Don't let the grievers bite."

He stood up, and walked out. He left me with a warm feeling and an awed feeling, thankful that he forgave me.

Thank you, Newt.

~~~

"WAKE YOUR SHUCKING FACE! THERE IS A GRIVER IN THE GLADE!"

I sat up, and pulled on my sneakers.

"Where? Why didn't anyone tell me? Why are you telling me now? Wh-"

Minho was doubled over, laughing.

"Tell me you didn't."

He cracked a grin, and wrapped me in a hug that was smothering me.

"Stoppp! I'm gonna scream! I'll telllllll!"

"Nope! Not gonna!"

Newt walked in, and raised his eyebrows. He had a smirk and was crossing his arms.

"I heard grievers, so I came."

I looked at him with wide, panic, scared eyes.

"Minho woke me up like this! Beat im' up!"

Newt jokingly cracked his knuckles. Minho backed up, and tripped off my bed.

"Sorry shuck, I wasn't trying to kiss your girlfriend."

I dropped my jaw, and Newt made a noise at the back of his throat.

"We don't talk about it, Minho. I thought we agreed."

"Yeah bu-"

"I think breakfast is ready."

"Let's go."

Newt and I made eye contact, and we both walked out, leaving a clueless Minho behind.

~~~

"I can't believe that he said that. Out in the open!"

I was still fuming over Minho as I walked Newt over to the maze. He shook his head, and laughed.

"No one heard it, love. We will be fine."

I melted slightly at the word 'love.'

"Ok. Be safe?"

He looked over his shoulder and grinned wickedly.

"Swear on it!"

{wow short chapter dont hurt me i sorry}