Back To The Beginning

before we start lets talk about this movie I found in Netflix XD

{EMBERS POV}

"But you can't do this! Please no,"

I begged as they strapped me down to a table. The cruel scientists grinned wickedly as they put on gloves or masks. The lady that haunted my nightmares stood in the corner, overseeing the process.

"Chancellor Paige, how did she wake up?"
"We have a strong one on our hands, Richard. Strond indeed."

Tears ran down my face as they wiped my neck with disinfectent. Paige walked up to me, and said,

"Don't worry, you will still be with him. You just won't remember."

I shook my head insistently. I wouldn't let that happen. I would show them up, I would remember.

Ember. My name is Ember.

Remember.

Ember.

{MINHO'S POV}

"NEWT!"

I watched in horror as one of my best friends died. I had turned around the corner, seeing Newt fall off a ledge. His body was at an unnatural angle, and his leg was a bloody mess. I ran toward him and saw he had closed eyes. I picked him up, bridal style, and started running. I was glad that I knew the maze, because tears were blurring my vision. I was holding my dead friend in my arms, holding a amazing life. Blood was leaving a trail, tracing it's fingers down my clothing. I finally saw the entrance, and pushed harder. I ran out, and collapsed on the grass.

"Min- OH MY GOD!"
"Is that Newt?"

All I could was screaming and crying.

"What the absolute shuck happened?"

I looked up, and saw Alby, staring horrified at the body next to me.

"Medjacks! MEDJACKS!"

A newbie that had arrived showed up and was carrying a streture. He looked at the body, swallowed, and put him on it. I followed him, in a blind daze, to a room. Newt was sprawled on the table, and the kid put his ear to his chest, and confirmed everyone's worst fear.

"He's dead."

{2 WEEKS LATER}

{3 PERSON POV}

The whole Glade was a mess. Things had fallen apart when Ember died, and it went into total chaos when Newt tried to kill himself. He actually did wake up, but with a limp and an inability to be a runner, ever again. Alby had instead claimed him as the 2nd in command, and he would help around the Glade.
Today, things had settled down, for they knew the greenies were coming. A blaring alarm told everyone that 5 clueless shank were coming up, and that Newt and Alby would have to deal with it. A blond boy on crutches and a too-tall african american opened the gates, and jumped inside. A gasp went around the group of boys, because there was only one person standing there, and it was a girl. The air was still, and it seemed like the world was holding its breath.

"Ember?"

The girl looked teriffied, and stood up, lip trembling.

"How do you know my name? Where am I? Who are you? Who am I?"

Newt smiled slightly. Alby help out a loop of rope, and the girl hesitantly took it. Minho pulled her up. She faced the first person she could see, which was Newt, and spoke.

"Who ARE you?"

The smiled faded off his face.

"You don't remember?"
"What?"

Everyone stood at a stand still. No one knew what to do in that moment, for they had truly lost her. Minho was shaking his head, and Alby was already walking away.

"Wait!"

Everyone directed their gaze at her small yelp.

"Who's Gally? I remember that name. Who is he?"

Newt almost fell off his crutches.

"Gally?"

He sputtered.

"Yeah. Gally."

She looked as a boy walked towards her.

"I am."

She looked at him, and nodded.

"Hi. I don't know why I remember you, but I do."

Gally smiled. When the girl turned around, Newt was gone.

{EMBERS POV}

Ember. My name is Ember.

Boys surrounded me, all dead silent. They were staring at me, and I had no idea who they were. One of them had approached me and said my name, and that was weird. Really weird.

"How do you know my name?"

Strange faces, strange voices, strange places. A cold metal box that smelled like feet, an open feild that was surrounded by 4 walls. A blond boy with crutches, and african boy that was already starting to grow a beard, an asian boy with a quiff. Who are these people? It seemed to be the question of the day.

"Where am I? Who are you? Who am I?"

Good question, Ember. All I could remember was my name. Where did I come from? What did I look like? How old was I? Why was my voice different than everyone else's?

"Who ARE you?"

Crutches ditched the smile and looked at me curiously.

"You don't remember?"

What did they expect me to remember? I literally just woke up in a freaking box and they expect me to remember something that I didn't even know about? What hellhole/aslyum was I in?

"What?"

With that word, people started shaking their heads. One walked away, and I got extremley angry. Why did they expect me to know something? I felt like I was in kindergarten, getting in trouble. Kindergarten. That's something from my past life, right? Why could I remember that, but not a teacher or school name? This was frusturating. As I was pushing harder and harder into memories, a name appered.

"Wait!"

Everyone looked at me like I was some deranged animal. What was with this group?

"Who's Gally? I remember him. Who is he?"

Gally. The name sounded weird, like I knew him, but I didn't want to. It didn't matter, because it was something I remembered. A tie to home, maybe. A tall light-brown haired boy stepped up and raised his hand slightly.

"I am."

I looked at him and reconized nothing about him. It was odd, all I remembered about him was one sentence.

"Record time really, the only boy that beat you was Galileo."

How was I supposed to interperet this? All I knew was that he beat me in something, and that didn't help anything. If anything, that made me dislike him. Something told me I had a competitive edge. I couldn't be rude to him, he was something. I didn't know what yet, but definitely something. I stuck out my hand and gave him a once over. He was tense and guarded, I wondered why.

"Hi. I don't know why I remember you, but I do."

Our hands connected in a handshake, and he smiled. His hand was super big, and covered my tiny one. I almost giggled at this, but stopped myself. I still didn't know anyone, and I had to stay guarded. This was uncharted teritorry, places that could hurt me or worse. I turned aroud to face Newt, but he was already limping away. I wondered what his problem was. It's not like I had hurt him or anything.

Or anything.

{HI WAS GOIN ON ok i have a challenge for you. read this chapter and then read my very first chapter, MedJacks and Runners, because DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE. I literally could not write at all why did yall keep reading after that chapter like ohmygod sooo bad. And yeah, hope you guys have an amazing dayy<3}