The Truth, The Whole Truth, And Nothing But.

"Ember?"

The boy that they called the MedJack was standing over me, a concerned look on his face. The surrondings were a white room, not the dull room I had been in before. I sat up, looking for the kids. Big mistake, considering the the bump on my head the size of a baseball. I rubbed my forehead and shook my head.

"Are you ok?"

I took a deep breath and nodded my head. My head hurt, but I guessed otherwise that, I was fine.

"Yeah. I'm ok."

He nodded, so I stood up and started walking out of the door when his voice stopped me.

"When do you think you are gonna return to being a MedJack?"
"Return?"

He looked at me sadly, and waved me out. This was getting ridiculous, I had to find Newt. He seemed to know the most out of this situation.

~~~

"Newt!"

He stopped limping. He was walking with the asian boy, and I could tell he was frusturated with the crutches that restrained him. I wondered why he had crutches.

"I gotta talk to you!"

He raised his eyebrows, and looked amused at me.

"Remember yet?"

I shook my head, and planted my feet in the dirt. He deadlocked my eyes, and grinned at me.

"Ok princess, in here."

I followed him into the Homestead, and sat down. He sat down next to me, and shrugged.

"What, Ember?"
"Was I here before?"
"Yes."
"What happened?"

He swallowed. Why was I such a hard topic to talk about? What did I do?

"You showed up 3 months after the originals came. Aka, the keepers. You were the first MedJack, even coming up with the name. You were a good person, and everyone really liked you. One day, a boy named Sean tried to chat you up. After you refused, he... got handsy. You ran out screaming, and we had to nearly wrestle him off of you. We decided to banish him, so we were. Right when the walls were gonna close on him, he pushed you in. After a couple days of searching, we decided you had... died."

Oh. Overwhelmed with the information, I ran my fingers up and down my jeans. So I had died, come back to life, and had my memory erased? Where was I? More importantly, should him I tell him that I remembered a memory?

"So no one remembers anything?"
"Nope."

I nodded, looking at him. He was staring at the dirt, and I felt there was something he wasn't telling me. His body launguage told me everything. Avoiding my eyes, fidgeting, he was hiding something.

"Newt?"
"Mm?"
"Tell me everything."
"I just di-"
"I know there is more than just this. Tell me. I deserve to know."

He looked in my eyes, and I recoiled for a second. He looked so serious, it was almost, warning me to stop, step back, run away while I could. He ran his hands through his already disheveled hair, and cleared his throat.

"Fine. You want to know the truth? After you were gone, the Glade fell apart. People panicked because of you. This was the first time this had happened, and people were scared. You made me scared. People freaked out, and then started acting irrational. That ludicrous turned into something dangerous. 2 people died, Ember, while you were gone, because you scared people. You were gone for 7 days, but that dosent mean anything. It seemed like years. And guess what? You broke m- people, by leaving. It wasn't fair. And I know it wasn't your fault, but I still blame you in someways. You made people love you so much. You put on that act of innocence, and made them trust you. So yeah, thats the whole truth."

I was taken aback. I did that? What was I? Some superhero? This made no sense.

"Newt, I-"
"Save it."

He turned around to grab his crutches, then paused. He turned around and faced me.

"The whole truth?"
"I'm not sure anymore."

He looked me straight in the eyes, and knitted his eyebrows together. He looked down for a second, then kissed me.

Not anything major, just a peck. Still, it felt warm and embracing. It felt familiar, like had been right here before. He swallowed, and nodded.

"That was a thing that also happened. Frequently."

He stood up and started going out. Once again, he turned around to face me.

"You broke me Ember. My leg wasn't always like this."

And with that sentence, the memories came flooding back.

{HEY so i decided to include a music video with each chapter that i think yall should watch. This is Gang of Rhythm by Walk Off The Earth, and I LITERALLY LOVE IT SO MUCH OH MY GOSH GOLLY and so yeah WHOS READY FOR CHRISTMAS *violently raises hand* and one more thing so my fav author just posted a sequel so I highly suggest those books, *they are for newt girls* and read them, they are called The Glitch and Fall. yeah😁}