W.I.C.K.E.D

{W.I.C.K.E.D’S P.O.V}

A girl of about 12 stood at the highly expensive screens, watching the scene intently. She nodded as she watched the girl, and nudged the boy next to her, also about 12, and grinned slightly.

“Look Tom, we did it. Chancellor Paige will let us have day off!”

“I don’t know, Ter. She’s hurt.”

She looked at him, exasperated. They had both been assigned to a very important mission. They had to get the girl they called Ember inside the maze, so W.I.C.K.E.D could have her back for a little while. They hadn’t meant for her to get hurt, but there was no other way to knock her out without killing her. The girl resumed her position on the other side of the screen, and tapped a small green button, and held her finger there.

“Chancellor Paige? The girl is in the corner, but she is bleeding. I suggest you get her fast if you want her to live. As for the griever, I am going to deactivate it. I will wake it up once Ember is up and out.”

She removed her finger, and stared at it until it turned red.

“Thank you, Teresa. We are getting her out as fast as we can. Is Thomas there?”

“Yes, Miss.”

“Good. May I speak to him?”

“Yes.”

She turned to face the boy, and motioned him over.

“She wants to talk to you.”

He nodded, and cleared his throat.

“You asked for me, Chancellor?”
“Oh! Thomas. Yes. Can you please open the drone exit nearest to Ember?”

“Pardon me, but who is Ember again?”

The girl sighed and rolled her eyes. Thomas never did pay attention to names, unless it was his or Teresa’s.

“Subject A8, “The Test.” Ring a bell, Thomas?”

“Sorry, Miss.”

“No worries, just get it done.”

“Right away.”

The button turned green again, so they turned away and started clicking away. They watched as a wall smoothly open and a small car-like thing, almost resembling a griever, but less terrifying. Two men walked out and grabbed the girl helplessly slumped in the corner. Teresa nodded as Thomas slid the wall closed and reactivated the griever. She shuddered as it stood in a somewhat daze, and then took off with it’s weird noises. She hoped that she would never have to come in contact with one. Thankfully, they were too young to help construct the monstrous creature. She shook her head and switched her gaze back to the screens that projected the area the held the other subjects. There was a lot of commotion going on, people losing their minds. She was interested in one boy in particular. Since the girl had been put inside, they had an undeniable connection. Teresa was somewhat intrigued, since the only boy that she had was Thomas, and they didn’t like each other. It was nice seeing them meet in secret, stealing kisses when they could. Thomas always rolled his eyes, and said there was more important things to do than watch them be all weird. Teresa always giggled, and kept her eyes trained on the screen. Now the boy was sitting in silence, hollow eyes and bags under his eyes. People kept trying to talk to him, but he pushed them away. It was odd behavior, and she definitely didn’t like it. If this was love, she didn’t want it.

“Come on, Thomas. This is boring.”

“Yeah. It is.”

They crossed over to the other side of the room, and exited.

That was what happened to Ember.

{ugh so sorry this is so short. i suck, im aware. hello, hope this cleared things up. The next chapter will be Newt pov, and EEE im excited. im really coming up with chapters, so idk these update will come reallllllly fast. yay?}