Shuck You, Mate

um... emma blackery is life.

"Woah woah woah. What do you mean you remember?"

Newt stood up, steadying himself and I at the same time. He chuckled and nervously scratched the back of his neck. I knew he was uncomfortable, but I was just so excited.

"Remember! Me! I can!"

He smiled and took my hand.

"Let's get you to the medjacks, ok?"

I dropped his hand, saddened. He didn't belive me. Sure, it was hard to comprehend, maybe even he took as mocking him. I mean, all the sudden grand speech, and confessing that we had something, all the sudden I remembered? It sounded ridiculous, even to me.

"Please belive me, Newt. I'm serious."

He looked at me seriously for a second. After staring at him back, indignantly, he broke into a smile that hurt looking at.

"Welcome back, shuck-face."

~•~

After announcing to the entire Glade, slowly, person by person, that I remembered again, everyone seemed to be smiling. Except Gally. His mood took a plunge as I reunited with old friends and took my job back, pleased to take my Keeper position back. Clint was relived as well, I could tell. The most interesting thing after that was that a new greenie was scheduled to arrive in a day's time. We had to get things prepared, and places set up. Every time we got a newbie, the position for taking care of him always seemed to fall into my hands. Well not today, because the latest greenbean we had was a slopper, and was sitting around all day.

"Chuck!"

I motioned over to him. He came jogging over to me, already growing a beet red. He was a wonder and a half. All of us were fit and hard workers, and he was just a kid. A slightly overweight, clumsy, kid. We weren't too harsh on him, but we weren't sure what to do with him. He smiled good-naturedly at me and nodded.

"Care to do a favor for me?"
"Sure!"
"Give the newbie a tour tomorrow, yeah? I don't think I'll be able to, with Ben being stung and everyone with their jobs. I might be able to talk Newt into it, but..."
"Yeah, I'll do it."

I smiled and ruffled his hair. He took off running. He was a good kid, willing to do anything. It made me sad, knowing he would never know his parents, unless we got out of this shuck maze. The creators were always at fault for our unhappiness, but I knew getting angry at them was usless. It was when we got out of here, that I would get angry. Because then I would be able to break their idiot noses.

A noise broke through my clouded thoughts, and I looked up. Gally was walking menacingly towards one of the younger Gladers, a small boy named Jonathan. They were both builders, and it was clear that Jonathan had done something wrong. Gally was saying threats that sounded harsh to me, coming from a girl who had been stung by the grievers. He was now scrambling backward on his hands and feet. I had to intervene.

"Gally! Back off!"

He looked up at me, his glare softening.

"What? Think little Jonny boy here needs help from you?"

Ouch. Harsh.

Keeping in mind the "No hurting other Gladers" rule, I marched over. Standing in front of Gally with my arms crossed and feet planted, I practically spit at him.

"Shuck you, mate."

After that, I picked Jonathan off the ground and walked him to the MedJack House. I could hear Gally's footsteps getting quieter as we headed into of the rooms farthest away from Ben's. We weren't sure if he was jn a good mental state yet, so the people that actually saw him was myself, Newt, Alby, Clint, and Jeff. I brushed the poor kid off and tended to the small cuts and bruises.

"What did you do that made him so angry?"

He looked up and laughed sheepishly.

"I forgot to come back after lunch and just-"

A shriek so loud that it made me drop the peroxide I was holding split through the air. As Jonathan gave me a fast smile and got the heck outta there, I sighed and started mopping the spilt poisons. I knew what was happening, and it wasn't going to pretty.

Ben was starting the changing.

{hai! you know what this means... thomas is coming up the box, baby! ooh i have so much planned i cant wait yay anyways, dubai!}