how i made my first group of friends

it was the period before lunch finally and i was waiting for the clock to hit 11:49

everything in my blood was buzzing and i reminded myself that it was from excitement and not something for me to be worried about.

the bell rang and everyone filed out. i took a shaky breath and kept my bag in my hand. i walked out of class to see chan waiting close by.

he smiled and jogged towards me to grab my bag. he held my hand tight and asked me if i was okay to continue moving and i nodded.

he moved with me through the student traffic and i giggled after getting moved around and pushed slightly by the wave of students.

chan turned and smiled, moving forward with me and trying to move in a way that i won't get as knocked into.

we eventually made our way into the cafeteria and he turned around and looked at me, "how you holding up?"

"sleepy." i giggled.

he guided me towards a table and sat down with me. he helped me place my bag underneath the table and i thanked him, opening it to place my tubes onto my face. i calmed down slowly when i placed it on and already felt much less lightheaded.

i felt a soothing hand on my shoulder, rubbing circles up and down my arm. i looked up at him and offered him a small smile.

slowly other people sat on the table and chan began talking, "okay everyone, we have a new addition to our table and i want everyone to go easy on him."

"hey, we're nice!" someone shouted.

chan laughed, "i didn't say you weren't, i did mention that you guys are crazy though."

rumbling occurred and i began looking around, "it works!" someone shouted.

i turned to soda bubbling and fizzling over to then see it shoot up onto the table. screams shouted when it spilled over everything and i laughed when i felt some get on me.

i leaned into chan laughing and he shouted, "i thought we talked about this!"

"soda cannon!" a boy with orangey hair shouted.

"no more cannons!" chan shouted.

"cannons!" i shouted after.

the table looked at me and chan enveloped me in a tight hug to which i whined, "can't. breathe!"

he let me go and someone else hugged me after, "he's so cute!"