how my crush started

i felt someone shake me and i whined, still dozing out

they continued shaking me but i hadnt moved till i felt a soft hand on my face.

"i.nieee, we made it. i could carry you in but im not sure if your mom would approve." he started.

i opened my eyes slowly and saw a worried expression on chan's face. i pouted and tugged on his sleeve, leaning into him.

he chuckled softly and ran his hand through my hair, "we're here. you can take however many naps you want inside."

i shook my head and laid there still.

he leaned in closer and said, "baby, come on. we'll nap inside okay? can you get up for me?"

upon hearing the pet name, i slowly lifted my head up.

"good, we're in front of your house okay? i can carry your bag in for you."

"but you have your own." i sleepily mumbled.

"its okay," he said while exiting the car and moving towards my side. he helped me up, helped me put the pieces back into the bag, and carried it for me.

"can you press the lock?"

i nodded and heard a click in the car and he closed the door after us.

he motioned for me to walk in front of him so i had. i pulled my keys out of my pocket and unlocked my door.

"sorry i know this is weird but this room shoots like cold air out at anyone entering, its just extra precaution because i get sick easily." i quietly mumbled and he nodded.

"no worries."

the air began shooting out at us and i shivered slightly, to which he stood completely still.

"this isnt weird for you?" i asked him.

"why would your health be weird to me?" he responded back.

i nodded and it stopped, i moved towards the keypad in the door and entered the 6 number code.

we werent crazy fortunate but my mom always made it work. really sweet organizations helped make it feel homey, they decorated it for us and added the precautionary features to prevent me from getting sick.

we entered and my mom immediately bombarded us with questions, ones like "how was school?", "was anyone mean to you?", "why do you look so tired?", "did you hand out the papers like i told you too?", and "you look pale, did you get sick?"

i sighed and threw my hands up in surrender, "mom, breathe. one at a time."

"oh. i forgot!" she said while crossing over the island and moving towards chan.

"nice to meet you!" she shouted while shaking his hand.

he laughed in response, shuck her hand and replied those same words back.