how did butterflies get stuck there?!

it was the end of the day and i was bouncing around waiting for chan to pick me up

i can't believe i made it through my first day. i had a couple of my new friends in my classes so it made the day go easier.

i had my bag packed and i heard the door open. i turned to see chan walling in, "sorry, im late."

i shook my head and told him, "it's okay."

he grabbed my backpack and asked me, "so hows this working? does your mom pick you up? im not sure if she'd like me taking my car to being you."

i thought about the van i usually get driven around in. i thought about the wheelchair and how ancient it looks.

i shook my head furiously, "i can ask, ill ask."

i fumbled with my phone and he smiled, "slow down there."

i dialed my moms number and pressed it to my ear. she picked up shortly and said, "hi honey."

"hi mommy, um i got out."

"oh, you did? why didn't you call me earlier! i didn't call your nurse. i suppose i could drive the car. ahhh." she sighed, "it would take me a while to get there. where are my shoes?"

"wait!" i told her.

she paused, "i-i-i..." i shook.

chan was moving slower to me, he looked like he was trying to tell me something.

"i have a friend coming over and he actually offered to drive me and um, i just wanted to make sure you were okay with it. it'd be easier! and you wouldn't have to rush out! and and and..." i stuttered.

"honey, you know how i feel about that..." she started.

"well, um, okay, thanks for saying yes, thanks. really cool." i rushed out and she began protesting.

"okay bye!" i shouted and slammed my phone down.

"she said yes." i told him.

"are you sure?" he told me.

i nodded, "you don't sound too sure."

i nodded again, my glasses bouncing off of my face. i blushed and quickly picked them back up. he moved in slower to me and inspected my face.

"she said yes, she told me yes." i repeated.

was he always this pretty up close? i was infuriated by how attractive he was.

he picked up my backpack and sighed, "just making sure."

he motioned for me to walk with him and i sat up, scrambling to grab my stuff.

or attempting to. my attempts were stopped when he grabbed my hands and stopped me.

"breathe jeongin, it's okay."

"sorry." i shrunk in my spot.

"don't apologize, you didn't do anything wrong. be careful, okay?"

i nodded and he hadn't let go of my hands still, i stared at them feeling butterflies swarm my stomach. im almost positive my face was beet red.

he moved one of his hands towards my face and rubbed his thumb across my cheek.

"you sure you're okay?"

other than the fact that a family of butterflies were clawing their way up my throat, yes. fine. perfect. dandy.

or not. really not. literally not.

"im fine." i told him with a soft smile.

he stood like that for what felt like ever before giving my hands one last tight squeeze and letting me go.

i took a deep breathe, how did i go that long without breathing?

well that would explain why i feel like im dying.

he helped me grab my two notebooks and placed them in my arms. he grabbed my glasses case and opened a zipper in my backpack, placing them in.

he grabbed my pencil and eraser and placed them into my sweater pocket.

"ready?" he asked.

i nodded and he grabbed my hand, showing me out. the inside of the school was relatively empty so walking was a breeze.

well minus how warm my face felt from still holding his hand.

i wonder what he would think if he knew i was thinking about him.

what am i saying?

he'd always stay my silly little crush.

 i like the idea of smaller chapters for this story

i like the idea of smaller chapters for this story. with my other one, i always feel like i need longer ones but i like this format instead.

of course, this will give me more time to write some and post more so im pumped.

sorry again about how long it's taken me to get back on track! im back though! that's for sure!

okay and lastly, do good today!