Doctor Jessica

Helen waited impatiently at the door to the house, holding it open. Helen was angrier than I have ever seen her. Not hidden like Lori's and no scent required. When I did catch her scent, it was a mix of so many things I would not quite make it all out. Of course, my nose is severely damaged, and I am surprised I could smell anything.

"Before you come in here, you need to know something." Helen said

"What?" I asked

"Those creatures shate in your living room. And tore down the decorations. Knocked over the tree. Generally trashed the place."

"God Damn Bastards!" I said, my anger rising as well.

Helen pointed behind her at the unseen mess. "I cleaned it up as best I could. I have not had much time. Also, it has been hard to focus on cleaning just yet."

I went over and hugged Helen "Thank you, Helen."

"Thank me after those miserable creatures are dead." She said flatly, though she was not as stiff as I would have expected, given her palpable rage. Her hug back was tender and warm.

"Come on everyone. Inside." Jessica said, shooing the group into the house.

Jessica paused in the living room and looked around at the damage. I know her well enough to know that this is as close as she has come so far to losing it. She pushed down the tearing and gestured to the table.

"Everyone. Sit. I'll get my bag and a shirt for Lori. Helen, would you get Adrian a full course of aminos, vitamins, and minerals set up?"

I know this drill well. Jessica filled me to the eyeballs with pills when I had been healing last time from the same guy beating the life out of me at the meat packing plant. Healing and turning into a Vampire at the same time. She made sure my body received everything it needed for health, and to support the change.

Helen knew this drill too it seemed. "Yes dear. Extra Calcium and Magnesium I assume?"

Jessica headed to our bedroom "Yes. Four times maintenance. Six times for Calcium and Iron."

Helen went into the kitchen, and Danny, Lori and I sat. We looked at each other as the elder Vampires set about their tasks. Helen was glad of the distraction even as I could see the anger in every line of her lithe body. Lori looked very interested in what Helen is doing.

"Special nutritional regimen?" she asked me.

"Yes. Fun fact we won't get into right now, but with a modern diet, drinking from humans is not really a nutritional requirement. Especially not for me." I said. I offered no more, and am not going to until Helen and Jessica are both here, and making decisions about what to tell them. I wanted to tell them everything at this point, but as a Vampire on probation, with death and war thereafter on my behalf a real possibility, I have no idea where the lines are on this one.

Jessica came back with a shirt and a large bag which she sat and opened it on the table with a quick gesture. She handed a T-shirt to Lori, who took mine off and pulled the replacement on. Lori and Jessica are of similar enough upper body size that it was not too big. A little loose in the shoulders, tighter across her bust, but all in all, not a bad fit. I shrugged mine back on, careful of my aching face as I pulled it over. Jessica started pulling out things and set to work on Lori's head. In that odd way of sympathy pain, watching made my lip hurt worse. My nose subsided back to an ache after being reset. The lip is where the pain is at and watching Lori get worked on did not help me forget my pain.

Jessica cleaned the wound and the surrounding area carefully and thoroughly, then she numbed the skin with injections and stitched as she talked to my human friends. Helen set down a bowl full of pills in front of me, and a large glass of milk. After washing my face carefully and rinsing my mouth out in the sink, I went to work on my assigned piles of pills and listened.