Denouement

Arnold read the note he found taped to his door.

Arnold

A woman came by my house. Big lady. Said she is a Doctor, and that she could help me. I don't know why, but I believe her. She talked to me about getting cleaned up. Getting off the stuff. You know. Learning to like myself again.

She said I needed to stop seeing you too. That you are just like my drug habit. That I need to respect myself more.

I don't understand it, but I know she is right. I have to do this. She is sending me to a place to recover. I don't have to worry about insurance or anything. She said I needed to do this, and that it was paid for.

I don't think I will ever see you again.

Shelly

Jessica Sagan. Has to be.

She spoke out of the darkness and confirmed it. "She is gone, Arnold, and I am making sure she never comes back. That poor woman needs help, and YOU have been abusing her for far too long. You want her for your own sickness. You are sick. You're a Siren, but you are worse than that. You are just sick. I could not fix your fucked up mind with Juice, and we know what happened when I tried. I can make sure you don't hurt women like her. It is bad enough you all prey on humans like you do. Seduce as you do. Today, that woman you stopped was at least healthy. You are a Cop, Arnold. That woman, Shelly, needed you to help her. Instead, you took advantage of her. I can't fix you, but I can fix her."

"Fuck you, Jessica." Arnold said.

No response. She was gone into the night. Vampire.

What a crappy day. Now even his sure thing is gone.

Arnold unlocked the door to his house. The one the Vampires had broken into and bit him in, and Juiced him in. He could do nothing about Jessica, or Vera, or even Adrian.

Arnold made new plans.

He could talk his boss into a new territory. A new place to hunt. First, though, he needed to drive around. Find a good spot to pull women over in.