Battle... Plan?

We gathered in the living room. The rest of the way home Jessica was not happy but agreed to wait until we got home to think it over and talk about it. I know she is not thinking because she is fuming.

Once we were seated in the living room, drinks in hand, Jessica reopened her protests.

"I do not like it. Adrian and I have been training ever since the problem with the drug dealers, but he does not possess female Vampire strength. If this goes poorly, he could be hurt or killed. You too for that matter, but he is my brand-new husband that I just got and waited for years for, and you have no idea what that means to me."

Rachel smiled into her teacup. She really did like Blue Mist tea. "I might have an inkling, Jessica. You are correct to be concerned from another point of view. I am not a fighter. I am on average as strong as any Vampire my age, but I never trained in any significant way. I am far older than you, but you no doubt could beat me easily in a fight. If Adrian and I are attacked, we will be at a disadvantage."

"And you still want to do this? With MY husband. Are you fucking nuts? Helen. Talk some sense into her." Jessica said

Helen did not even look at Rachel. "Oh, yes. Because I have so very much luck talking sense into you. Jessica, you are worried about Adrian. I completely understand. I am too. I agree with Rachel in that if you and I go in, and there are enough of them, we won't be leaving with only our fangs removed, if we leave at all. They have no reason to attack Rachel. No obvious reason. I think they are done with Adrian. Further, we are borrowing trouble. We do not yet know if Arnold will even agree to meet."

Jessica looked at me. "I suppose there is no point in trying to talk you out of this, my husband I just got?" She asked very unhappily.

"Jessica: I am not a fan of the plan. There is a fast and one hundred percent sure way to talk me out of it. I am yours, and not in the Vampire council sense of that. Say 'no'. You say 'no', owner of my heart, I'm out of it. End of story. Before you put your foot down, do you really think there is a better way? A way to find out more about Sirens and what they are up to? What kind of threat they are to us?"

I waited.

Jessica glared back.

Pursed her lips. Waited. Exploded in a way I have never seen: "You are a fucking idiot, you know it? Ever since you turned, you have done everything you could to be the best goddamn Vampire ever, and all we have done to you is threaten your life, and talk to you about how crappy male Vampires are. Yet here you go again, talking about 'Us' as if anyone other than Helen and I give a flying fuck about you and your life. The god damn council replaces Helen because she thinks you should live, and yet there you go trying to do the right thing. Fucking. God. Damn. Idiot. God, I hate you sometimes."

Holy shit. I was taken aback by her venom. She really hates this idea.

I think that to be with Jessica long term that I am required to do this, or I will be merely another unreliable male Vamp. "Well... Somewhere in there, I think you said I am trying to do that right thing...? I think? When you weren't calling me an idiot. Please don't hate me. You say 'No', and I'm out. Finito."

Jessica stayed pissed off. "I could never hate you, but I sure as hell can be pissed off ABOUT you. Of course, it's the right thing. For the god damn Vampire race. Not for you! If you get killed, I will never forgive you." 

Jessica leveled her dark gaze on Rachel "or you. And I goddamn do know how to fight. To be crystal clear, if he dies, so do you. I don't give a good goddamn about anything else. There is nothing and no one that could stop me. Not even Helen. Do you understand me, Rachel?"