Fight, Fight, Fight!

I turned to look. Red, Green, and eight other men stood in a rectangular clearing between the bar and the door. The remaining men and women lined up on either side of the long sides of the rectangle. All were grinning and there was a loud babble of voices. I heard a few side bets being taken on a few of the larger Sirens.

Sirens are largely of a type. Big. Large chested and thick-armed. A couple wore brass knuckles. One flipped a cudgel loosely.

"Larry. I suppose that we are not going to get any sticks or anything, like what they have?" I asked, indicating the cudgel.

"Sure: Take theirs." Larry said. "Get through them, I swear you are free to go. No one else will jump in..." He raised his voice to the room "You hear me y'all? Them's the rules. We follow the rules. They get past these ten, they walk free. Any of you step into the square other than those ten guys, you deal with me. Got it?"

Nods all around, and more mumbled excitement.

Larry looked at me "We already got even with you, so it seems unfair you gotta do something like this again, but it is what it is. Now you are fighting for all of your kind, not what you did to Arnold. Have fun! Talk to you soon! Hah! Once you are outta the hospital, I mean." He waved the two of us forward, pulling the beer bottles from our hands as he did so.

I raised a hand to stop him. "One quick question, Larry. Given all the hard feeling between Vamps and Sirens: I assume we are not supposed to kill anyone here tonight?"

Larry agreed "That would be bad. No one dies. Not you, not them. You are just getting busted up. She is getting some good ole' Siren loving. A whole roomful of it. Every man in here going fuck her. Arnold up her ass, because that's his thing. Don't ask me why. Hell, if you ain't too busted up, you can fuck her too. I'm a giver that way."

"I see. Talk to you soon Larry." I said as if this is business as usual. "Ready to go, Rachel? I'd prefer to just have you all to myself. I am selfish that way."

"I suppose." She was dubious. "I think I might prefer that as well."

I walked forward, Rachel directly by my side. "Any suggestions?" Rachel asked

"Try not to kill anyone, but other than that, don't hold back. Break arms and faces." I said. "Sirens aren't Vampires, but they are pretty strong. I was dragged off by some of them. I know."

The melee started.

The main thing that Rachel and I have going for us is that there is no way that of these big guys could get to us all at once. Eight of them went for her, and two of them went for me. I blessed my dear wife and her lover for months of self-defense training.

I saw them piling on Rachel and then several of them repulsed violently. Some brass knuckles sailed at my face but missed by inches as I danced back. I grabbed the arm, twisted, turned, and used both my Vampire strength and my heavier-than-I-look weight to force the big man both down on the floor and between myself and my other attacker. I quickly angled a kick into my captives ribs, and he toppled forward gasping. The other guy came over the top of his friend, and I used that momentum to keep him flying off into the wall of onlookers. Larry did not say I could not toss Sirens into cheering masses.

I dived into the crowd on Rachel, and pulled one off, spinning him to face me, where I left jabbed his face to intentionally break his nose. I sent him spinning off into the guy returning from the crowd where they collided. I used that moment to grab another Siren off Rachel, a shred of her shirt in his hand, and trip him onto the floor. I lifted his legs high with a hooked ankle so that his face is what hit the floor first, and from the crunchy sound, I think another nose is now mis-aligned, courtesy of Jessica and Helen.