Firehouse

Arnold Romney was not satisfied.

Sure. He treated Shelly like shit. Damn near screwed her ninety-five-pound frame into next week. Arnold is a big, burly guy. Two Hundred and forty-two pounds of muscle, bulk, and anger. It sometimes amazed him that she survived their encounters.

She just is not enough.

Jessica Sagan would have been MORE than enough. The woman from the stop probably would have been. She was healthy.

Shit. Arnold wanted more.

He looked over at the bar. Leslie was talking to that new Siren woman. Vera. Both of them would do fine. Siren women are built to handle men like him. Not the way the Sagan woman is, but still. Close enough!

From everything Arnold knew, a lady Siren is a bedroom catch. The problem is that, unlike human women, female Sirens are hard to get in the sack. If you can seduce one with the song, you can claim one. Arnold was told by his new Siren buddies Dougie and Fred (also recently healed up from the fight with the Vampires) Chanting never works. You have to raise your game. You have to be A-list singing talent to get one to the place she will give herself to you. Human women are easy. Siren women are way hard. Vampire women impossible: they are totally immune.

Jessica Sagan had been his best chance to ever have a Vampire screw. She thought he was human. She had been Jessica Diaz at the time, and she was hunting. Vampire chicks like a good lay with their blood. He thought he had her from the chant, but when he pushed it. Tried to get her to give him the kind of stuff Shelly does? He lost his chance. She was not under his Siren influence. She was just a Vampire looking for some human sex. A Vampire babe that did not yet know Sirens were alive and kicking. None of them did back then.

Damn it. She would have been so FINE, even without all the other stuff. He should not have pushed. He should have just taken the straight fuck. Not only would he have had her, but he would also have bragging rights here, at 'The Firehouse', for having sex with a Vampire.

That left human women and Siren women. Siren women are better. You do not have to seduce them to get one sometimes. Women are women. They have needs too. It is just if a Siren chick picks YOU, it's her deal. Her terms. She can tell you to get lost any time she wants.

That Vera chick has reportedly tried out a few of the other guys here at 'The Firehouse'. That is if you can believe lying ass Siren males. Vera seemed to take her being a Siren seriously, in that every guy that claimed they had boffed her said she was amazing in the sack. Instead of them casting a spell over her, she was casting a sexual spell over them. There is nothing sadder than a big old Siren dude that is pining for a Siren chick. One that kicked his ass to the curb because he just did not ring her bell the right way. Why they may not be lying in fact: No Siren dude should long for any woman. Babes are supposed to long for them.

Vera never repeated a dude. She said they were all shit in bed, and was looking around trying to find better. There is a reason for that, and it is not one Arnold liked. Fucking Vampires. One specific one, anyway.

Vera, like Arnold, is a foundling. A Siren in the wild that did not know they were a Siren until they were discovered. Arnold was found by another Siren dude on the force. One that heard him chanting at his boss to get him to get off his back about being late for work again. The cop told Arnold 'Hey: let's go get a beer' and they came here. To 'The Firehouse'. There, Arnold, had his eyes opened to the larger world of Sirens and Vampires and what HE was.

The Vera chick was found by the god damn Vampires. Jessica Sagan's fucking husband, Adrian. Siren Liaison and Siren chick magnet. All the Siren ladies loved him. That dude could claim any of them, and they would go. No seduction song required.