A Spectacular New Year

Disclaimer: I do not own anything Marvel, D.C or anything I borrowed from other media

A Spectacular New Year

Short but straightforward New Year chapter

Tony Stark, aka Iron man, decided on New Year's Eve that he's hosting a party. A lot of heroes came to celebrate the New Year. Among the heroes, Tony's protégé Spider-man, who was to his self-most of the time, wasn't enjoying his self. He never was a big party person even though he had the reputation of nonstop talking. At times during the party, Spider-woman tries to get him to mingle with the others, but Spidey would keep to his self in a corner just watching everyone else enjoy themselves. Eventually, around 11 when no one was paying attention, Spidey snuck outside to watch the ball drop by his self.

"What a way to celebrate going into the New Year," Spidey said to his self sarcastically waiting for the clock to strike 12 so he can go home to his apartment. Little did he realize someone crept behind him without his spider-sense going off.

"Spider?" asks a familiar voice that caught Spider-man off guard even though he knew the voice all too well, not to mention he only knew one person who would call him that.

"Cat? What brings you here? You know the real party is inside the building." He turns to see Black Cat looking at him like she knew something was wrong.

"I know, but the question is, why are you up here alone and not with the others?" Black cat asks in a concern tone walking towards him.

Spidey was somewhat shocked that she didn't just straight out flirt with him as she usually does when they meet up. He didn't want to tell anyone why he wasn't in the best of mood, but he and Cat have grown a strong bond over the year, so he felt comfortable explaining his issue to her.

"I feel like even though I am hanging with a bunch of great heroes, it just seems like I don't belong hanging with the Avengers. There's also the whole watching some of them hooking up with each other. Then I don't want to be alone at my place, so I figure coming to the party would be a better option but I starting to think might not have been." Spider-man confesses as Black Cat sat and listens. She hates seeing him like this, on a day where he should be celebrating a year of being one of the greatest superheroes around. Well, in her eyes, she sees him like that.

She gently grabs his face and tells him, "Listen Spider, you do deserve a place in the Avengers, and you know why? Because you're a superhero, who sees the good in people like me and help change their ways for the better. Because you do whatever you can to help the citizens of New York. Lastly, you show true courage, unlike any of hero I seen. Especially how you put your body on the line to face some of the greatest threats around. You shouldn't settle you're self-short because there are people who believe in you... I believe in you."

If he didn't have his mask on, Black Cat would witness a huge smile across Spidey's face from hearing what he just heard. It felt good knowing someone like Cat had strong opinions about him.

"Thanks Cat. Everything you have said... it means a lot to me. More than you know." He said as she rubs the side of his face.

"That's what I'm here for." She responds, returning a smile that made Spidey's heart beat faster as she checks the time to see that it was time for the countdown.

"Well since we out here we might as well have our count down out here." She suggests as Spider-man agrees as they begin the countdown to 12. During the countdown, Black Cat didn't notice that Spider-man was lifting his mask to his nose.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

"Happy..." Black cat was about to tell Spidey Happy New Year when she was cut off by the taste of Spidey's lips kissing hers, causing her to wrap her arms around his neck to kiss him back. Wolverine and Spider-woman made their way on top of the building to look for Spider-man when they both caught sight of Spidey and Cat kissing. They both smirk at each other and went back downstairs, to let them continue their time together.

When Spidey and Cat pull apart from the kiss, all Black Cat could say was, "Wow." in a soft tone.

Spidey smirk and said, "I believe you meant to say Happy New Year, not Happy Wow."

Black cat laughs at him and pull his face back to her and continue to kiss as they celebrate entering the New Year together.