Chapter 5

I walk into English class. I smile to myself. hayden is something else. I don't know I feel about him he's nice and really sweet and when we locked eyes I felt something like a spark. 

But, I don't do romance I prefer to be alone I usually run in the opposite direction of romance. 

But, sometimes being alone can get lonely. and hayden is not worst guy ever. I don't know do I like hayden or am I overthinking this whole situation. probably not.

 he did call me beautiful. and said his rep didn't matter to him. 

I sit down and plug in my earbuds and listen to music while reading the book for class I have gotten far. I'm almost done with the packet and the book. 

Ms. Keller doesn't care if we read ahead she prefers we go slow but sometimes I'll read ahead and almost get done with the packet way before it's do. 

I think back to what hayden said for some reason I couldn't get his words out of my head. the look in his eyes was dead serious too. the bell rings bringing me back to reality I get up and head to study hall. 

I still have my earbuds in I continue working on my English and start my math homework. I decide I want quiet and this classroom just wasn't going cut it. 

"hey mr. Henderson can I have a pass to library"I ask "sure Valerie"mr. Henderson says he writes me a pass and I head out I walk into the library. I get out my math homework and start working. I don't notice hayden looking at me. I get up and walk over to him. 

"being a stocker much"I say "sorry I just"Hayden says "you just what wanted to see me again you're such a lovesick puppy"I say "I'm not a lovesick puppy"hayden says defending himself. 

"oh really you follow me around and can't be away from me for than 5 minutes"I say 

"I should go just go then"hayden says "well shit how the hell I'm supposed to do my math homework"I say 

"you need help with your math"hayden says sitting back down. "uh kinda of"I say "you flirting with me"hayden asks "ph what no"I say "Valerie"hayden says "what"I say "you want math homework help or not"hayden says "yes actually"I say hayden grabs a pencil and looks over the sheet of problems. I'd already done a few. "you did something wrong"hayden says "oh lord"I say 

"it's a minor math error it happens to the best of us"hayden says "where I did go wrong"I say "well you put the numbers in the wrong spot causing you do the reverse operation instead of the right one"hayden says "I'll rework my math"I say I erase my work and rewrite the problem. 

hayden looks over it "okay you got the answer correct"hayden says "oh thank god"I say we continue working on problems until the bell rings. "I'd better get going to history class"I say 

"yeah I should get to English class"hayden says "see you later"I say walking out of the library. 

I head to history class I just wish this was simple but I know I'm going to end up getting hurt. but,  I know hayden wouldn't do that. But maybe it's worth breaking down my walls just maybe.