VI

"Like this?" Jungkook nods in response. The boy's sitting cross-legged on his bed, watching Taehyung stand on a chair and put up his warm fairy lights as he sips his milkshake that the older insisted on making for him. The younger suddenly gets up and goes through a box of decorations from his old room, taking them out and neatly setting them around the new space.

"It's a good thing I'm graduating a year early." Jungkook tells the older who looks down at him for a moment before focusing on the lights again.

"Yeah, makes things easier on you." The younger softly nods, picking up a fake cactus from the box. "Do you want to go to your graduation?" Jungkook thinks for a moment, setting down the fake succulent on the dresser.

"No, I never really have." He admits with a sigh. "They've always wanted me to go, but it is so boring. All you get is some pictures and papers you can receive in the mail." Taehyung chuckles at that.

"I guess you're right." He steps down from the chair and looks up at the lights framing the ceiling as Jungkook requested. "There you go. Is that good?" The brunette nods again, sipping his milkshake before answering.

"Yeah, it's really pretty. Thank you." Taehyung nods, a small, proud smile on his face.

"My pleasure."

A few hours later, the two are sitting on the couch watching YouTube and eating the homemade chocolate chip cookies Taehyung made earlier. It's quiet until Jungkook speaks up.

"I," He pauses to clear his throat, voice still a little raspy. "I didn't think they'd react like that." He continues facing the TV as Taehyung looks over at him. "I thought they'd hug me or tell me that they don't care or.. something different." The brunette quietly admits, now looking down at his fumbling fingers. Taehyung wraps his arm around the younger and Jungkook rests his head on the older's shoulder.

"I know it's disappointing. My parents weren't too happy about me either." Taehyung dryly chuckles, reflecting. "They didn't threaten me or anything. They just told me I'm going to hell and all that good stuff." Jungkook looks up at the older.

"I'm sorry." Tae looks down at the younger's big doe eyes and tries to ignore his gaze dropping to Jungkook's lips as he looks away. Jungkook needs a friend more than anything right now and Taehyung doesn't want to take advantage of him in a state like this.

"It's okay. I just want you to know you aren't alone when it comes to negative responses to coming out." He quietly says. Jungkook then takes the older's hand and snuggles closer as they watch their videos. The younger's mind wanders as he stares at the TV.

Taehyung has done so much for him though they've only known each other for no more than a few weeks. Jungkook isn't used to this amount of care and support as he was a quiet and shy student throughout his school years. He focused on his work and didn't have any motivation really to make any friends. To put it simply, he's thankful for the older, not knowing Taehyung is just as thankful for him.

Taehyung looks over at the younger out of the corner of his eye in thought as well. He's only seventeen. He has three more months before he turns eighteen. Is it okay for Jungkook to stay with him without his parents' consent? Would they even care? He shakes the worrying thoughts out of his head, noticing Jungkook falling asleep. "Jungkook?" He softly whispers. The younger opens his tired eyes. "You wanna go to bed?" The sleepy boy nods. Taehyung gets up. "Alright, I'll take you to your room." He quietly walks Jungkook to his bedroom, helping him lay down and covering him with the blanket before going to the door.

"Thank you, TaeTae." The brunette tiredly says, eyes closed. Taehyung stops walking and lowers his head, not daring to turn around and trying to stifle a smile as he holds the doorframe.

"Anything for you, Koo."