XXIII

Jungkook was worried that the dinner would be awkward. He worried there'd be uncomfortable discussions and bad memories brought up, but to his surprise it was nice. It was happy.

"Taehyung, if you're done eating do you want to look at some baby pictures?" Jungkook's head snaps up.

"Mom," He whines.

"Oh, come on. They can't be that bad."

Fifteen minutes pass and the three of them are sitting on the couch, flipping through photos. "Aw, look at this one." Jungkook's mom points out a photo of a six-year-old Jungkook cuddled into his mom. "This was after a nightmare. Poor thing came running into our room at two in the morning, crying. You know what the nightmare was?" Taehyung curiously shakes his head. "He yelled at someone and made them cry." Jungkook's cheeks heat up as Taehyung giggles.

"Mom, this is so embarrassing."

"It's cute." Both Taehyung and his mom respond. He rolls his eyes.

"I had fun tonight." Taehyung says, setting Jungkook's things down on his bed.

"Me too. You two get along well!" The two start taking things out of the large box, placing them around the room. Taehyung picks up the journal from before.

"Where do you want this?" Jungkook gently takes it.

"I'm just gonna throw it away." He tells the older, walking out to the kitchen.

"Wait, what's in it?" Taehyung asks. Jungkook nervously bites his lip.

"It was my rant journal. I just.. don't want it anymore." He quietly admits. Taehyung nods.

"Okay! I was just curious." He shrugs it off and the two go back into the room after Jungkook throws the journal away.

After unpacking a majority of the box, the two get comfortable and lay down, putting on a movie. "Nyom, nyom." Taehyung repeats as the characters eat, making Jungkook giggle.

"You're so stupid." He teases.

"Yeah, but you love me." Jungkook's eyes widen before looking over at the older, eyes softening.

"I do." Taehyung must not have noticed what he said and looks over at Jungkook, making gentle eye contact.

"What?"

"I love you, Tae." The older's heart aches in the best way as he stares at the younger, a small smile on each of their faces.

"I love you even more, Koo." The two continue to stare for a moment before they kiss.. and kiss.. and kiss. Somehow Jungkook ends up on top of the other, Taehyung's hands on his waist.

(Sorry guys, gals, and non-binary pals. I don't write smut.)

An hour passes and the two lay down beside one another, heavily breathing. "I've never been so happy before." Jungkook whispers to himself. Taehyung smiles.

"Me neither."