XV

TRIGGER WARNING: SHORT MENTION OF SELF HARM

After Taehyung leaves, Jungkook takes these few hours to calm himself down. Though he's stopped crying, he still feels anxious knowing that the older knows his secret. He slides off the shorts and tee shirt he had on, looking at himself in Taehyung's full-length mirror. His eyes drift from his fading violet hair to his thighs. His heart swells with regret before remembering what Taehyung said.

He's proud he's been clean for two months.

Jungkook is proud of himself as well, however that doesn't take away the regret he feels when he sees the scars. He nervously bites his lip, pulling on a pair of underwear before going through the older's clothes. He pulls on a pair of joggers and Taehyung's hoodie before sitting down in the living room and mindlessly staring at the tv for an hour, interrupted by a text.

taetae: hey, just checking in on you ! how are you? we're leaving in an hour and gonna get some food to take home, is there anything in particular you want?

Jungkook softly smiles before replying.

koo: i'm better ! i'm not really that hungry right now so just get whatever you guys want

It takes the older no more than a minute to respond.

taetae: i'm happy you're feeling better :) i'll pick something out for you, see you when we get home <3

The simple heart at the end is all it takes to fluster the younger.

koo: you don't have to, see you <33

An hour and a half passes before the six open the door, bags of food in hand. Jungkook sits up and smiles at his friends. "Hey, Jungkook!" Jimin happily greets, sitting beside him. "Tae told us you weren't feeling well so we brought you," He reaches into the plastic bag in his hands. "A custom container of froyo!" Jungkook's eyes widen.

"Oh, you didn't have to." He shyly says feeling guilty.

"It was Tae's idea. Just take it." Jimin playfully whines and Jungkook's heart skips a beat as he slowly takes it, looking inside. Rainbow sherbet with whipped cream and a cherry on top. His favorite. He looks over to Taehyung who's distracted handing everyone their food.

Jungkook gets up, moving over to the island where everyone else is and standing beside Taehyung. "Joon, this is yours.. Jin.. Hobi... and-" He jumps a bit, now noticing the younger by his side, making Jungkook giggle. "You surprised me!" He defends. "This is yours." He hands Jungkook a container that has a burrito and rice inside.

"Thank you and.." He blushes, looking up at Taehyung as everyone else is talking and focused on one another. "You didn't have to get me ice cream." The older places his hands on Jungkook's waist.

"I wanted to. You deserve it." He kisses his forehead making the younger giggle to himself. Taehyung pulls away with a smile. "You look adorable in my clothes by the way." Jungkook playfully hits his shoulder.

"Stop, you're so annoying. You already told me that." Jungkook's eyes light up and it takes all Taehyung has to not kiss him right there.

"And I'll keep telling you that forever and ever and e-"

"Hey, lovebirds! Get in here and watch Netlflix with us!" Yoongi interrupts and the two smile at one another before going into the living room.