XIII

The next day, the two decide to stay home. Last night was very stressful and they stayed up until a later time than they're accustomed to. Taehyung wakes up with his forehead pressed against Jungkook's. The two have been holding each other in their sleep, making the older smile to himself. He then looks at the younger's face. He has red around his eyes and tear-stained cheeks, consequences of last night. Taehyung reaches up and places his hand on the younger's cheek, rubbing his thumb along it before kissing his forehead and getting up to use the bathroom.

When he comes back, Jungkook is sitting up and tiredly scrolling through his phone, bed hair littering his forehead. "Oh, you're awake." Taehyung says and Jungkook looks up, softly nodding. The older sits next to him. "Are you feeling any better?" He wraps his arm around the lilac boy's shoulders and Jungkook rests his head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about last night." He apologizes with a sad tone, embarrassment evident as well. Taehyung's heart aches.

"You don't have to apologize. You can't help the way you feel and what goes on up there." Taehyung playfully taps on the side of Jungkook's head, making the younger softly giggle at the action.

"Still. I kissed you too and kept doing it and probably seemed desperate-"

"Not at all." He cuts the other off. "You asked me if you could and I let you. It was cute and I don't regret it. Do you?" Jungkook shakes his head and Taehyung rubs his shoulder, the two sitting in comfortable silence for a moment

"I heard you last night." Jungkook quietly says, making the older's cheeks heat up.

"Yeah?" The younger smiles to himself.

"Yeah." He pauses in thought. "It was cute. What you said and everything." Jungkook admits.

"I meant it. I adore you, Jungkook." The younger shyly giggles. "What?" Taehyung asks, embarrassed. Jungkook looks up at him with a smile.

"You're just really nice to me and say cute things." Taehyung holds a gentle gaze into the younger's eyes. "I adore you too, for the record." The two giggle.

"You're such a dork." Taehyung plants a kiss on Jungkook's forehead, causing the younger's cheeks to become a dark shade of pink. "Are you hungry?" Jungkook shakes his head.

"Not right now, but if you are I'll sit in the kitchen and watch you cook." Taehyung chuckles, starting to get up.

"Okay, stalker." He teases, embarrassing Jungkook.

"Oh, I don't have to if that would be weird." Taehyung takes the younger's hand as they walk out of his room.

"I'm just messing with you. I wouldn't mind at all."

And so Jungkook does as he said and sits on the kitchen counter, scrolling through his phone and talking to Taehyung as he cooks. "The guys wanted to go swimming at one point." Jungkook freezes.

"Oh, really?" Taehyung is distracted by the scrambled eggs he's making to notice Jungkook nervously thinking.

"Yeah, do you want to go? They said next week in the group chat." Jungkook hesitates before answering.

"Yeah, sure! It'll be fun." Taehyung now looks back at the younger.

"Alright, I'll let them know."