XVI

The seven all sit in the living room. Taehyung and Jungkook are sharing the recliner; Namjoon and Jin are on the couch; and lastly Yoongi, Jimin, and Hoseok are comfortably laying in the floor. They have a movie playing on the TV, though no one is paying much attention to it as they talk. Jungkook repositions himself to where he's cuddled into Tae's side as the older plays with his hair.

"I'm talking to a guy." Hoseok announces and everyone's intrigued.

"What's his name?" Jungkook asks and everyone waits for Hoseok's answer.

"Okay, guys. Don't clown me." He pauses before answering, "Kai." Everyone makes dramatic noises leaving Jungkook confused. He looks up at Tae.

"What happened with Kai?" He curiously asks.

"He's Hoseok's ex." Jungkook's eyes widen making Taehyung giggle. "He didn't do anything bad. It's just that when they were together he was all Hobi talked about." Jungkook makes and 'oh' noise and looks back at the rest of the group before looking back up at Tae.

"Is that a bad thing?" He pauses in thought. "I like hearing people talk about the people they care about." The older softly smiles, continuing to play with faded lilac hair.

"No, it's not. We're just teasing him." He explains. Jungkook nods, facing the other direction again and listening to everyone talk. Taehyung, on the other hand, is unable to focus on anything besides the messy-haired boy resting his head on his chest.

A few hours pass and the five head their separate ways, leaving Taehyung and Jungkook alone in the apartment. "I'll get the ice cream." Jungkook says once the door shuts. Taehyung giggles.

"You could've eaten it earlier." He watches Jungkook take it out of the freezer.

"I know, but I wanted to share it with you." He admits, getting out two spoons. The older smiles to himself at the younger's cute action. Jungkook then walks into the living room and sits on the fluffy rug. Taehyung turns on some music so the two could calmly eat the ice cream and talk to one another.

"Hey, Jungkook?" The younger makes a questioning 'hmm' noise. "Why have you never had a boyfriend?" Jungkook freezes for a moment. "I'm sorry. That was-"

"No, no. It's okay." He sits in thought for a moment. "Well, I wasn't out for starters. And I just don't like trusting people." Jungkook shyly chuckles. Taehyung looks at the younger with sad eyes. "I got asked out before in, like, tenth grade. I turned him down though because I felt like he was lying to me." He shrugs it off, getting another bite of ice cream.

"Who do you trust?" Taehyung quietly asks. Jungkook nervously bites his lip.

"You. You're the only person really. I love the guys, but.. You." Taehyung can feel his heartbeat quicken, playing it off and scooping some ice cream.

"I can't believe we've only known each other for a few months." Jungkook giggles.

"I know. It feels like it's been forever." He says, eyes gleaming.

"Your birthday's next week. Anything you wanna do?" Jungkook shyly smiles.

"I actually forgot about that, um.." Taehyung can't help but smile as he waits for a response. "Honestly, um-" His cheeks heat up before answering. "Just spending time with you is all I want." The older's cheeks heat up as well. "That was dumb." Taehyung giggles.

"No, it was cute." He goes to sit next to the younger. "I'd do anything to make you happy and if that's what you want then I don't see why we couldn't." Jungkook's eyes drift down to the older's lips.

"Can I kiss you?" Jungkook asks.

"You don't have to ask. The answer will always be yes." He playfully answers, making the younger giggle before leaning in. It starts as a peck, but leads to more pecks and eventually turns into a full make out.

Taehyung rubs his hand up Jungkook's thigh, making the younger shakily breathe out before moving his hand away and backing away from the kiss, staring into the older's eyes. "Oh," Taehyung nervously says. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. It just kind of ha-" Jungkook cuts him off with a slow peck. He pulls away and looks into Taehyung's eased eyes.

"It's okay. I'm not ready for anything like that, but.." He pauses, fidgeting and nervously biting at his lip. "I think I'm ready for you to be my boyfriend, Tae." The older looks taken back.

"Are you sure?" Jungkook shyly nods.

"Yeah," He picks at the fluffy rug. "When you were gone, I couldn't stop thinking about you and how much you mean to me and.. Yeah." He nervously chuckles, making the older smile and take hold of his hand, beginning to play with his fingers.

"So, I can call you my boyfriend now?" Jungkook giggles.

"Yep, and I can call you mine." Taehyung lays back on the rug, pulling the younger down with him and playfully showers Jungkook's face in kisses. "Stop," Jungkook playfully whines. Taehyung looks down at the younger before kissing his nose one more time, watching as the younger cutely scrunches it in response. "You're so weird."

"Nah, you're just cute." Jungkook playfully rolls his eyes.

"Just kiss me again, you dork."