XXI

"Rise and shine, birthday boy!" Taehyung busts into Jungkook's room, grinning as he jumps on top of the younger. He feels the boy laughing under him, not failing to notice the bouncing violet hair sticking out from under the sheets. He pulls down some of the blanket, pressing his forehead against the younger's and looking into his eyes. "Happy birthday." He softly says. Jungkook giggles, pulling down his blanket a few inches more.

"Thank you." He presses his lips against Taehyung's.

"I made food."

Ten minutes pass and the two are in the kitchen. Jungkook is dangling his feet as he sits on the counter, softly singing along to a song playing on the speaker. It was a playlist the older made for him. Taehyung smiles to himself as he puts foods on their plates. He turns around setting one down next to Jungkook. "You have a pretty voice." Taehyung compliments. The violet boy's cheeks heat up, picking up his plate.

"You're better. I hear you sing in the shower sometimes." Now it's the both of them with red cheeks.

"No compliments allowed. It's your birthday, not mine." Taehyung playfully teases and Jungkook giggles, taking a bite of his food. "I think you could be a singer though." The younger chokes for a moment.

"Yeah, sure." He sarcastically responds.

"Can you sing for me later?" Jungkook shyly shakes his head.

"It's my birthday, not yours." He reiterates. Taehyung cutely pouts. "Stop," Jungkook whines. The two make eye contact and the younger can't resist. "Fine. Just one song."

It's ten o'clock at night and Jungkook is nervously fidgeting, standing in the middle of the living room. "I'm gonna mess up," He nervously tells the older. Taehyung shakes his head, chuckling.

"Close your eyes. Pretend I'm not even here." So, Jungkook does just that and Taehyung starts the music.

Taehyung knew his boyfriend was talented, but hearing him sing was something he could never have been prepared for. Smooth yet complex phrases drifted out of his mouth with ease, fascinating the older. When Jungkook opens his eyes, his cheeks turn crimson. "I could do better than that. I was just nervous." He slowly defends, sitting down next to Taehyung.

"Baby, you're the best singer I've ever heard." Jungkook rolls his eyes before Taehyung speaks up again. "I mean it. I can see you being a professional singer." Jungkook shyly bites his lip.

"Really?" Taehyung nods. Jungkook then gets an idea.

"Can you sing something for me?" The older's eyes widen. "Please, for my birthday?" Jungkook cutely whines.

"What do you want me to sing?" Jungkook thinks for a moment before something comes to mind.

"Always by Panic! at the Disco?" Taehyung softly smiles at that.

"That's the first song on the playlist I made you." He quietly says. Jungkook nods.

"I know." The older then remembers he has to sing it.

"Do I have to stand?" Jungkook shakes his head.

"Unless you want to." Taehyung goes to the playlist and hesitates to tap the song.

"Can you, um, close your eyes?" Jungkook giggles. "I'm shy." He defends and the younger complies.

"Okay, go ahead." Taehyung watches the younger for a moment and the corners of his mouth rise as he starts the song. He begins singing, taking Jungkook's hand during the chorus. The younger responds by resting his head on the older's shoulder.

It gets to the last chorus and Taehyung is looking at his boyfriend as he sings, singing to Jungkook without him even noticing. The song ends and Jungkook opens his eyes with a sigh. "I could listen to you sing all day." He compliments. Taehyung shyly bites his lip.

"Thank you." The two look at one another for a moment before gently pressing their lips together. "I hope you had a happy birthday." Jungkook doesn't hesitate before replying.

"The happiest."

A/N Finally !! A wholesome chapter lmao !! It's been a sad story for a while so here's some cute content yw