XIV

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTION OF SELF HARM

"Jungkook, are you awake?" The younger suddenly stretches, woken up by the knock on his door accompanied by Taehyung's voice.

"Yeah, I'm up."

"Okay, they want us to meet in like an hour." Jungkook sighs before answering.

"Alright." Taehyung notices, slowly turning the doorknob and stepping inside. Jungkook rubs his eyes, sleepily looking at the older.

"Do you want to go?" Taehyung asks, a concerned look on his face. Jungkook noticeably hesitates.

"Yeah, yeah it will be fun. I'm not sure if I'm gonna actually swim though. I might just get a tan." The older appears confused whereas Jungkook is forcing a smile.

"Are you sure? If you don't have a swimsuit you can borrow one of mine." The younger nods. "Okay, if that's what you want."

An hour later, Taehyung is patiently waiting in the living room. He's successfully convinced Jungkook to borrow a pair of his swim shorts, however it's been fifteen minutes since he gave them to the younger. He hesitantly goes up to Jungkook's bedroom door. "Jungkook, are you almost done?" He listens in and hears sniffles and small gasps for air. He goes to turn the door knob, just to find out it's locked.

"I don't want you to see." Jungkook quietly says before sniffling, close to the door.

"Koo, why not? I won't judge you and I'm sure you look cute anyway." Taehyung's heartbeat quickens listening to the younger cry and not being able to help. "Let me in, okay? I won't judge you."

"Promise?" The younger shakily asks through the door.

"I promise." The door unlocks and Taehyung slowly steps in, noticing Jungkook facing the wall. "Jungkook? Turn around." The older softly requests and Jungkook does, avoiding eye contact with the older. Taehyung's eyes immediately go to the lower part of the younger's thighs that's shown. There's visible self harm scars, healed but nonetheless able to be seen. "Baby.." The name slips out of Taehyung's mouth.

"They're old. I-I don't do it anymore." Jungkook nervously defends, looking at the floor. The older steps towards him.

"When was the last time?" The younger hesitates, heart pounding in his chest. "It's okay. Be honest." He pushes a piece of hair behind Jungkook's ear.

"Like two months ago." A tear slips down his cheek, embarrassed. "I did it before you picked me up. I'm sorry." He lets out a sob, guilt overwhelming him. Taehyung pulls the younger into a tight hug.

"I'm just happy you haven't hurt yourself for the past two months, okay?" Taehyung tears up, but holds it back for the shaking boy in his arms. "That must not be easy and I'm proud of you." Jungkook holds onto the back of Taehyung's shirt as he cries.

"You aren't mad?"

"Of course I'm not mad. Just, please let me know if you even think of doing it again. I'm here to help you." The older holds Jungkook for a minute and the cries have died down to sniffles. "Would you feel more comfortable staying home today?" The younger sniffles before answering.

"Yeah, but you can go if you want to. Really, I don't want to hold you back from hanging out with your friends." The two pull away and look at each other.

"Are you sure? I can stay if you need me to." Jungkook nods. "Okay, I can just tell them you weren't feeling well. Do you want me to see if they want to come over after?" The younger sadly chuckles, wiping under his right eye.

"They probably wouldn't want to get 'sick'" He uses air quotes and Taehyung softly smiles.

"They would when I was actually sick. I can ask them if you want me to." Jungkook thinks for a moment.

"Okay." Taehyung leans down and places a gentle kiss on the younger's lips.

"Everything will be okay. Text me if you need me." Jungkook nods.

"I will."

"Bye, Jungkook."

"Bye, Tae."