Small Town with a Million Memories by Firda Alfa Mega

Pare. "Kampung Inggris" actually to some of us is really familiar. One of the places that has been famous throughout the archipelago but there are still many people who do not know the exact location of Kampung Inggris. In fact, it is not uncommon to think that "Kampung Inggris, Pare"is in the city of Pare-pare, South Sulawesi. "Kampung Inggris" is in Kediri, East Java. Kediri is one of the districts in East Java. Kediri Regency is not as famous as Surabaya or Malang so it is a bit difficult indeed to be recognize it but in Kediri Regency there is one learning location that is higly sought after by people who really want to learn English, namely "Kampung Inggris". The location of Kampung Inggris is located in one of sub-districs in Kediri Regency, East Java, namely Pare. Geographically, Pare sub-district is in the southwest of Surabaya City with a distance of 120 km. The distance from Surabaya to Pare sub-district can take 3-4 hours. The location of "Kampung Inggris" in Pare is concentrated in two locations, Singgahan Village , Palem Village and Tulungrejo Village.

     "Well, Imgoing to Pare, "Kampung Inggris". Many people said who have been there, We can learn English better and more intensively so that the results are expected to be satisfying. "Now I will prove it"

"Thanks God" I was given a chance to go to Pare. I'm so happy . I went with my grandfather. Even though the main goal was to learn English deeply, but I have another plan to take a vacation.

Both of Us, my grandfather and I departed from my house, which was around 9:00 a.m., when it was October 20, 2016. After that we arrived at Bandar Lampung at 12:00 noon Arriving at Puspa terminal, we wait for the bus that will depart to Java. We have to wait so long until 05.00 p.m. Although actually tired of waiting for the bus departure. Although I felt tired because of waiting too long , I just focus " I will visit Pare, the town of a million memories" . After a long journey around one day and one night arrived at the small town that I had dreamed of. I arrived at the place of the first course I was going to namely Brilliant English Course I entered the information room at the institution and then showed my proof of payment during the course there. One of the men was asked by the officer who worked there to deliver me. I got Camp 2, It didn't take long to get a place where I lived while I was in Pare. The place was comfortable and clean, There was  fans and a lot of stuff that we needed in our room . Then, a public kitchen if we want to cook. In pare, one room is often fulfilled by maximum of four people. We cannot choose who will be our roommate and of course with new people we have not known before. The first day I really made adjustments, I happened to be in a room with someone from Solo. As long as I was in the room, just two of us. I always spend my time with  Ana (my roommate). Miss Ana is a very kind and patient person. I asked she to accompany me wherever i go  , She always says "Yes, okay where are we going". She came one month earlier, before me, so She understood a little about the condition of Pare. The next day I invited Ana to explore Pare. The transportation tool used by the people in Pare is bicycle. We rent bicycles for one month of use for Rp. 70,000 (the price depends on the new / the length of the bicycle, the newer, the price is expensive) and during the loan period, the bicycle is the responsibility of the borrower. We usually leave our identity card (KTP) as the requirement of rent the bike.Then, we start traveling by bicycle to recognize the ins and outs of the area in Pare, Kampung Inggris and its surroundings.

                 Bicycle is a must for  people who take a course there. Sometimes, We can know who is the native or the visitors by considering who uses bicycle (The visitor always use bicycle). In Pare, there is a lot of access to buy food, just choose it. There are also minimarkets, clothes shops, bicycle rentals, laundry, and most of them there were various types of courses. Apparently there are not only English language courses, but also Arabic language courses, computers, and Korean language as well. I saw only two houses there already a course, I heard that in Pare there are 200 hundreds of Course constitutions .  For English lessons, I take three-month program at Brilliant English Course, Toefl program at ELFAST, pre-toefl program in Mahesa, Bridge speaking,Pronunciation in Peace, Speaking at Mr. Bob, Speaking in Daffodils and I also had time to join the private course. I stayed in Pare around seven months . The first place that I visited was BrilliantEnglish Course.