The Hidden Treasures of Lampung - Perdiansyah Putra

Way Kanan, the place of mystery. Not many people know about this place. Even the people who had lived long enough in Lampung Province. When the region is not as popular as Krui, and Tanggamus, there are many places that if we compared them with beaches in Krui, and Tanggamus, National Park in Bukit Barisan Selatan, and Way Kambas, they will offer as many unique places, and nature as what other regions offered. It is the place where you can find sincerity, and unique traditional cultures that had been held by the people from their ancestors. When I come there, every years, I always feel it, and for you who want to join, and feel the excitement, can come to this Region and see it by yourself.

 When I come there, every years, I always feel it, and for you who want to join, and feel the excitement, can come to this Region and see it by yourself

Way Kanan is a Region in Lampung Province located on the north border with other two regions and a Province. In the west, is newly formed region of Pesiair Barat, in the east Region of North Lampung, in the north of Way Kanan Region, there is South Sumatra province. It is one of the reasons the people who lived in Way Kanan are so diverse. For example, you can find someone from South Sumatra Province who speak Palembang Language in Way Kanan. Even you can find some Lampung Language variety that you never knew. For example, Komering Language that if you heard closely, is similar to Way Kanan Language (Lampung Language in A dialect). In fact, my mother who was born in Way Kanan, are able to Speak both Lampung, Komering, and even Palembang, and Semendo Language, another kin of Palembang Language. It is like looking to diversity of America, but instead find the English, we find a lot of different language that had spoken in the same time when their cultures thrives, and show the beautiful colors of diversity.

 It is like looking to diversity of America, but instead find the English, we find a lot of different language that had spoken in the same time when their cultures thrives, and show the beautiful colors of diversity

From Way Kanan, now we visited west Lampung regency. It is not only famous for its cultural diversity, but also its landscape and natural beauty. Right at the border with South Sumatra, lie beautiful lake whose its water, become the source of Way Kanan river, a river in which the name of the region Way Kanan come from. That is Ranau Lake. You can come to the lake by using car, or motorcycle. From Liwa, the capital city of West Lampung, it will take 3-4 hours drive. In there, you can see beautiful sunset, and sunrise, breathtaking scenery of forest that yet to be touched, the vegetation, and clear water reflecting the shine. For you who have fishing as a hobby, you can try to catch some fishes in there. But, you must bring your own equipment because there is nobody sells fishing equipment there. For you who love nature, this is the best place in West Lampung where you can breath fresh air and away from people. It is the right place for you who always love to be alone only with nature.
When I visited the lake, it is one of the greatest moments of my life. I love seeing nature, the trees, the fish in the water, the sublime feeling when you hear bird chirping in the distance. It feels awesome. For the place, which offer so many beautiful scenery, you did not need to drill your pocket deeply. From Bandar Lampung to Liwa, the capital city of West Lampung region, you only need to spend 300 thousand rupiahs and 500 thousand rupiahs if you go straight forward to Ranau lake a day. The money is used only for buying some food since it will take a long time before you arrive to destination, (approximately 8 hours) and for renting a car, since practically there is no public transportation operate between Bandar Lampung and West Lampung. However, you can take a bus ride to West Lampung if you want the cheapest cost possible. But, I will not recommend it to you. First, the bus only drop you in Liwa, not Ranau lake, and if you want to go there, you will need to rent a car which is difficult to find in there. Another reason for that is safety. The bus that is used to deliver the passenger from and to West Lampung, is not in a good condition. Often the bus, spent much time for reparation than on the asphalt. But nevertheless, you must see Ranau lake with your own eyes.

The forgotten region, the forgotten picture, a paradise hidden within the realm of unfamiliar place, that is Lampung and all its beauty

The forgotten region, the forgotten picture, a paradise hidden within the realm of unfamiliar place, that is Lampung and all its beauty. In Way Kanan, you will see a reach culture. It is the place where you can find cultural fusion. It is the place where you can find many people from different languages, and culture and be friend with them. In West Lampung, you can find a cure for your poisonous soul. It is the place where you can find a hidden treasures, a picture of nature in finest where you can breath fresh air and saw the beautiful sunshine and sunrise. This is Lampung, and all its jewels waiting to be discovered by you.