Magical Dieng by Niken Saraswati

Dieng Plateau is a place that full of magic. The scenery and temperature touched me, make me can't forget that beautiful place, that was one of the best memories of mine. I was so lucky to get the ticket of Dieng Culture Festival, that actually the ticket was sold since February 2018 even though the program would be held on August 2018. But suddenly the tour operator called me and told me that there were two tickets available, of course without any kind of thinking i took that tickets.
Dieng Culture Festival is culture festial with the concept of synergy among the alaments of Community Culture, the Potential of Dieng Nature Tourism and the Empowerment of the local communities as the basic mission in forming this event. The event was initiated by the Tourism Awareness Community by involving various element of community and organizations or the goverment that related to tourism in Dieng.
The first Dieng Culture Festival was heln in 2010. This event previously known as "Pekan Budaya Dieng" but when enetering the third year, the Dieng local community and the Tourism Awarness Community took the initiative to change the name of the event to Dieng Culture festival.
My journey to Dieng Culture Festival was started from Bandar Lampung. I choosed plane as my transportation to Jakarta, i went to Jakarta about 6 p.m. After that i decided to go Purwokerto by train about 11 p.m. after a long trip I arrived in Purwokerto at 4 a.m and I were picked up by the bus of tour Operator. It took about 3 hours to get to Dieng from Purwokerto by bus.
Dieng Culture Festival 2018 was almost the same as the events before, that contained the traditional procession of cutting the dreadlocks as the main event and enlivened by other programs such as Culture Art Performance, Shadow Puppet Show, Film Festival, Jazz Performance Over The Clouds and so on.
When I arrived at Dieng, I was bewitched with the temperature, because Dieng air temperature arranges 12-21 ° C during the day and 5-9 ° C at night. In the dry season (July - September), the air temperature can reach -4 ° C in the morning. More over my eyes was spoiled by the beautiful view of Sikidang Crater.
Because the status is still active, Sikidang Crater contains volcanic mud that has burst forth and poisonous gas that is billowing in the form of thick white smoke. Apart from being active, this crater also presents unusual phenomena. Within 4 years, the Sikidang Crater pool will move or as if jumping in one area, just like the animal character kidang which means like jumping. This phenomenon also lies behind the naming of this unique tourist attraction.
One of my favorite destination is Batu Ratapan Angin, because in this place you can see two lakes from the height. Can you imagine seeing two lake form the height, surely you can see the beauty of nature here. But the location is rather high, it takes extra energy reach this place. But after arriving at the top, it will pay off with the beauty that is presented in the Batu Ratapan Angin. Batu Ratapan angin is also often called Batu Pandang Dieng.
Besides its famous natural attractions, if you visit Dieng don't forget to enjoy the special culinary of Wonosobo Regency. There are many delicious Wonosobo cuisines, one of which is Mi Ongklok and Sate Sapi. Many of Wonosobo's special foods are sold in food stalls in the corner of Wonosobo, Central Java.