The West of Lampung by Puspita Ambar Sari

Lampung is one of the provinces in Indonesia which is divided into several districts such as South Lampung, West Lampung, East Lampung, North Lampung and many more. Located at the Sumatra Island's gate, Lampung is often used as a stopover for travellers. However, Lampung actually has many beautiful hidden places that are not widely known by both local and foreign tourists. Every Regency in Lampung is given different a gift from God, South Lampung has many beautiful beaches that its people can be proud of, East Lampung is famous for its agricultural production which has even been exported overseas such as bananas and pineapples. Then there is also West Lampung which is no less famous for its natural uniqueness, there are many coffee gardens, Suoh, Ranau lake, and even small islands such as the Banana island.

This is our trip in September 2017. At that time, my friends and I had the opportunity to explore the west side of Lampung. Our journey to the west side of Lampung started from an accident and without preparation well. I don't even remember how to go there because everything was suddenly. However, at least I can tell you a few of my memories.

If you go from Bandar Lampung by car or any other transportation you have, the route is the same as you want to go to Prengsewu

If you go from Bandar Lampung by car or any other transportation you have, the route is the same as you want to go to Prengsewu. Passing through Natar, Bandar Jaya and if you find the bamboo monument already, it means that you are in the right way. Just continue your trip without any worries. But, don't forget also to always check your maps to make sure you are on the right route.

For beginners like us who go to the west side of Lampung without any preparation before, it really takes time and feels so long. In total, we spent around 10 hours to reach Ranau Lake which is our first place to visit. That 10 hours, we spent on praying, eating, bathing, checking the car and of course riding.

Before we arrived at our first destination, that was around 8 pm, we take a break at Bumi Sekala Bekhak mosque named Aminatul Jannah for Isha prayers, rested, and enjoyed the evening there

There is something unique on our way to this mosque. Usually, when my friend and I drive in our hometown or around Bandar Lampung at the same time when we drive to that mosque. We never see our windshield covered with fog which prevented us from seeing the road. Then, this is what makes all of us yell happily. Yeah, we all sure that the fog has welcomed us well in the West Lampung.