FIRST STEP ON MALIOBORO by: Elva Septiani

My first experience going to Malioboro was started when I was in the second grade of senior high school. One of the places we – me and my friends – have visited. Malioboro was stated in Yogyakarta and was very famous among societies in Indonesia, because of its calmness, freshness and also lots of cheap stuffs that i like the most from the place. Well, I am a type of person who likes buying something with the thought of price first, and I think it must be a typical of mostly girls on earth.

Fortunatelly, at that time the hotel we arived was not too far from Malioboro where our teacher suggested the students to visit Malioboro if they wanted. I was so excited and went to Malioboro with some of my friends at night. Lots of food court that we passed, sold with a cheap price. Many people strutting around in Malioboro, looks crowded but did not noticeably interfere with, actually I feel like blends with the atmosphere of a spectrum like that. I really enjoyed the nuance i felt in Malioboro, although I didn’t buy anything except foods, I still can remember it clearly.

We settled in one of the sitting stalls that sell a variety of foods and drinks. Based on the information wedang ronde is very popular and distinctive in the land of Java, made us curious with the taste of it. I decided to order fried rice and wedang ronde, incontrast to my friends who want to tasted nasi kucing that seems to be quite famous as well. What we had order is come, we are served food like we had order before, and a bowl of wedang ronde. I surprised knowing that what inside of the bowl was wedang ronde, firstly I thought it was a soup and I thought that wedaang ronde would be served in a cup or something the like, it was very new for me.

 I surprised knowing that what inside of the bowl was wedang ronde, firstly I thought it was a soup and I thought that wedaang ronde would be served in a cup or something the like, it was very new for me

As what we have promised, we had to go back to the hotel before 10 p.m. So we left Malioboro at 09.30. Because too tired to walk after explored the inside of Malioboro, we decided to took wagon to deliver us to the hotel we stayed. It was my firs time ride on wagon, and it felt like driving a car with the road full of speed bump, but it was fun, and I want to ride on it sometimes. As our astimated, we got to the hotel faster. I forgot how much we had to pay for the wagon, which obviously seems a bit raised, seems like they had known thwt we were traveler, not the original people of Java, it was very common there, our teacher already told us about that, especially how to bergain with the seller if we want to buy at least t-shirt.
Lots of new things we found and felt when the first time step on Malioboro Yogyakarta. Something so good to be remembered into my first trip outside Lampung. The reson why I am so excited with the holiday event hold by school or even college, because I am not one of the family who used to go on vacation to a distant places while in particular days, like new year, ied mubarrak and so on. That is why I noted it as one of the most important thing in the adventure of my life.