Chapter 1

My name is Ella and I was 16 when I first met Johnny in 1995. I was not only young but still very much a virgin, untouched by anyman. Johnny changed that. He stole my innosence. He stole my heart and everything that went with it. It all started when I was assigned to read a script of a production that Johnny was working on.

Im studying French and English literature as an extra curricular at my college. My english teacher had organised for me to visit a script reading of a remake of a french cult classic that was being made into a movie with Johnny as the lead. I was so excited as I was leaning towads an A in my essay on the production. Little did I know what I was in for.

The morning of the visit, I decided I would dress up a little for the special occasion. Slipping my white babydoll lace camisole over my head and stepping into my formal black miniskirt, I headed towards the bathroom. I had been up all night studying for an assingment on Molieres School for Wives. My eyes were hollow and my skin was grey. I scrubbed my skin, trying to restore any colour. Applying foundation made my skin alittle better but my eyes were still dreadful. I put a few layers of mascara and my trademark appleblossom red lipstick to my lips, which always made me more awake. My brown hair has streaks of gold woven through so I thought I would just tousle it and head out.

I met my english teacher, Mr. Livingston, outside my house where he'd drive me to the script reading. When he pulled up in the driveway, I opened the car door cautiously seeing he had bloodshot eyes, an obvious hangover. The car stunk of hard liquor and menthol cigarettes. Mr. Livingston smiled weakly at me and put his glasses on his nose, eyeing me up and down. He stepped his foot heavishly down on the break and without a word, he drove me to the meeting.

I got out of the car as quickly as possible, waving Mr. Livingston off. Slowly, I walked towards the grey building reaching for the chrome doors. My heels clicking on the cold tiles, i headed towards the doors reading, plsy room. I was welcomed by an over enthusiastic agent of some sort ina long navy pencil skirt and a director, possibly, in an unfitted grey suit. He smiled at me and said, "Welcome, Ella I presume?"

"Yes" I replied nodding. He gestured for me to sit dowm, pointing at a set of chairs set out in a circle formation. It was then that I saw Johnny. Slumped in a chair, legs crossed smoking a cigarette and pulling at a loose thread on his jeans. I smiled, realising who was sitting before me. I went to sit at a chair 3 chairs down from him and the director, Martin I think his name is, came and sat next to me, handing me and everyone else a script. There was around 3 other actors of whose names is did not know.

Johnny started the reading, instantly transforming his voice into that of a french gypsy. I was lost in his words, clearly not focusing on taking notes. He noticed me looking and looked up from the dcript, still reading the words by heart. His eyes locked on mine and I smiled at him gently. But then he stopped reading and asked the director if he could have a break.

"Why of course, Johnny!" Replied Martin willingly. Johnny got up from his chair and went outside, dangling a cigarette from his lips. While he was gone, I talked to Martin about the influence of his dialogue. Johnny walked bac into the room and took a seat next to me.

"Whats your name?" He inquired extending his hand towards me.

"Ella" I replied shaking his hand, feeling for the first of many times, the slight roughness of his skin.