Chapter 3

A week. A whole fucking week until I see Johnny again. Hes distracting me from my stdies. All I can think about is our Hunter converstaion and how he said he wanted to talk with me again. And then he was looking at my legs. God, I didn't think I was the kind of girl a moviestar like Johnny would fancy. Im not blond or have blue eyes, at least I have nice legs. I've got that going for me. But I cant afford to think like this, I have an assignment.

I stayed up all night taking notes on the reproduction of the french novel, but I just wasnt thinking. I ended up going to bed with a glass of warm milk.

My dreams were filled with raw visions of me. And Johnny. He was on top of me, bent to fit with my body and moving with my movements. His hips locked on mine. I woke up with a jolt, I was sweating and panting. Was I really having a sex dream? No, I couldn't be, Im only 16. I tried to push the thought into the back of my mind. I needed a decent nights sleep.

When I woke up the next morning, I looked at my alarm clock. It read 8:04. Shit! Im late. I have a test on Oscar Wildes late writing period in and hour. I ran into my moms room, "Mom! Get up, I gotta get to school now!!!"

"Hmm" she replied. I stormed over and pulled her up. She had dried red wine on her chin and the remaining bottle had stained her sheets. Just like Wilde himself, I thought. My mom cant drive in this state, Im just gonna have to walk. I quickly got dressed into my buttercup dress and started walking. In the rain.

"Why are you late, Miss Norton?" The pricipal, Mrs. Fenn asked, tipping her glasses to the end of her nose when I arrived at school. "Soory, I missed my ride."

"Well hurry up and get to class, Mr Livingston is waiting for you." I ran into room 102 where Mr livingston was hunched over his desk, hungover again.

"Where have you been?" He asked wearily.

"Sorry" I replied and sat down where an already laid out essay sheet was placed at my desk. This day is going to be long.

                                                                                    *********

When I got home from school, ther was a note on my front step. It read "All my life, my heart has sought a thing it cannot name -- Hunter S. Thompson". I smiled realising who it was from. I cant waituntil next week.......