Chapter 2

We read the script another few times over, me trying hardest to take notes. Johnny's costars were in awe of his performance. When we had finished the script for the third time, Johnny crossed his legs and took another cigarette from the already half empty packet. Martin stood up and, without any hesitatiian, asked me "I dont think your teacher would mind if you hung around for a few more rehearsals?"

"I dont think he would mind" I replied sheepishly. Johnny smiled, his lips curling upwards around his cigarette. I looked at the clock, the time reading 4:30. I had an hour before I had to leave, but I didnt want to go anywhere. I must be the only girl in the whole world to have an opportunity like this, to work around Johnny. I couldn't help smiling at the thought. Johnny cleared his throat, "Is that the end?" he asked.

"Well I suppose so." Replied Martin, "We'll be starting actual rehearsals next week, and Im sure it would benefit Ella's assignment very much if she tagged along." I smiled noticing Johnny was looking at me. Not my face, but he was looking at my legs. I suddenly felt selfconcious, crossing my legs quickly. Johnnys smile faded but when I met his eyes, he smiled again.

Martin picked up his bag and waved off the other crew members, leaving the building without another word. Showbiz is strange, I thought. There was only 4 people left in the room, Me, Johnny and two other cast members. I got up to leave, when my copy of Kingdom of Fear fell out of my satchel. Johnny smiled. "Hunter fan?" He inquired.

"Yes, I love his work. I love his grasp on the human condition." Johnny smiled again.

"Hes a brilliant writer, have you read Hells angels? I nodded as Johnny picked up my book and handed it to me. I couldn't help but smile when Johnny brushed his hand past mine.

"We should talk more about your interest in literature" he said to me reaching his hand up into his slightly greasy hair. I finally understood what all the girls saw in him. His chocolate eyes, with little gold flecks in them. His smile, that was very rare, but beautiful.

"Thats a good idea" was all I managed to say. I slung my satchel over my shoulder and fixed my skirt. "I should be going"

"See you next week" Johnny said and walked the other direction, out of the building followed by the flustered agent in the navy pencil skirt. I paced towards the door, where Mr. Livingston was waiting in his car with his feet on the dashboard.

"Had a good time?" Mr Livingston asked.

"Yes" I replied with a smile.