Chapter 4

Todays the day Im going to the set to 'take notes' for my assignment. I am normally well restrained with my emotions, but when I woke up this morning, I couldnt help noticing a spring in my step. I pulled my skinny jeans on and a white camisole. I put my pearl earrings on and my appleblossom lipstick and went out the door. Mr livingston was late, again so I sat on the curb.

Around 15 minutes later, Mr. Livingston pulled up at the edge of the curb. I stood up and opened the door and climbed in the passanger seat. This time his car smelt like stale vomit and bleach, i scrunched up my nose and decided to keep my mouth shut for the remainder of the ride. He dropped me off at a large wharehouse made of bricks and smiled as I clambered out of the car. I waved him off and headed towards the building.

The door had a rusty brass handle and when I opened it, my jaw dropped. The entire inside of the building was made into a beautiful film set. There was an apartment like set in the corner and a kitchen set at the back. The something caught my eye. Martin was strolling towards me, his arms outstretched. Odd, I thought. He hugged me and then kissed me on both cheeks.

"Ella, so glad to have you back" he smiled widely at me and I smiled back.

"Well thankyou Martin." I replied, "Its lovely to have this opportunity." I spent my childhood practising the art of speech so I have always found it easy to talk to adults. Martin gestured towards a room in the corner that was made entirely out of glass. A film set I hoped. "Please, go take a seat in the glasshouse." I nodded and headed towards the glassroom. Again, there was a set of chairs lined in a circular format. Two of the female costars were there as well as Johnnys agent, but no sign of Johnny.

Then, i noticed the sound of the wharehouse doors opening and I turned to see Johnny walking in. He opened the glasshouses doors and took a seat. Next to me. He smiled and said, "I assume you liked my note?"

I smiled and replied "One of my favourite quotes." He nodded and turned his attention to Martin who had taken a seat and handed out scripts.

"All right everone," Martin started. "Page 16 pleasee"

*************

After rehearsal, I noticed Johnny staring intently at me. He smiled and before I could smile back he said "Lets talk more about your love of Hunter." He stood up and gestured outside towards his trailer. He led me outside and I could almost hear the envious groans of the female costars. He opened his trailer door, where the inside was filled with the smell of cigarettes and rum. The only time I think I have ever loved the smell. Johnny went and sat down on a chair and handed me a cigarette. "You smoke?"