~Inside the Great Deku Tree Part 1~

Link walked into the dark tree, his eyes slowly adjusting. Navi flew past him, slowly going forward. Link followed her when a Deku Baba suddenly grew from the ground.

"Ahh!" Navi cried as she flew back.

Link took out his sword and shield, jumping back away from the monster. It watched him, then shrank back into the ground. Link stared at it, confused, then took a step forward. It sprouted up again, and Link lifted his shield. The Deku Baba attacked, but the shield stunned it. Link quickly attacked, and the monster shriveled up. Navi started forward again, then flew away from Link. He followed close behind, then stopped.

"Navi, look! A ladder!" he called.

The fairy froze, then flew back to Link. He started climbing the ladder, then came up to a platform. He followed it, jumping to another platform, then continued. There was a sudden scratching, and the two froze.

"What's that?" Navi asked quietly.

Link looked around, then turned his gaze to the vines on the wall. There sat three Skulltula, who were slowly spinning in circles where they sat. Link watched them, then started laughing. Navi watched him curiously, then he walked over to a chest. He opened it and found a slingshot inside.

"Hey, what's this for?" he asked.

He looked at it, then realized Navi wasn't by him.

"Navi?" he called.

"Look!" the fairy replied.

Link looked up and saw her by one of the Skulltula.

"Shoot it with the slingshot!" she said as she flew back.

Link took a seed from a pouch, then aimed up at the spider. He let the seed go, and it hit the spider, but nothing happened.

"Hit it again! Maybe that'll work!" Navi suggested.

Link took another seed and aimed, then shot the spider again. It fell from the vines and landed on the ground next to Link. It shriveled up, then disappeared.

"There's two more Skulltula, try using the slingshot to get them too!"

Link nodded, and Navi landed on his shoulder. He quickly killed the last two Skulltula, then started climbing the vines. He made it to the top, then started walking along the platform. A giant Skulltula came down, scaring Link and Navi. Link quickly swung his sword at it, but it threw him back.

"Hey! Their back is where you hit them, not their face!" Navi scolded as she hovered over Link.

He glared at her as he got up, then swung at the Skulltula when it turned around. He jumped back, then swung again, killing the spider. Link sat down to catch his breath, and Navi looked around.

"There's a door, over there, why don't we go in?" Link asked.

"I don't think there's anything important past that door. But look down there."

Link crawled over to the edge and saw a web covering a hole in the floor.

"What if you-?"

Link quickly got up, then went back. He started running, then jumped off the platform.

"Link!"

The boy laughed as he fell, breaking through the web. He landed in a pool of water, which splashed on the fairy as she came down. Link climbed out of the water and onto a platform, then looked around. There was a block on the ground just a few feet away. Deku Baba sat around the room on two other platforms. Navi flew around to get a better view of the room, then went back to Link.