~Inside the Great Deku Tree Part 2~

Link and Navi stared down at the web, thinking.

"There's a torch over there!"

Link looked up but shook his head.

"I can't reach it."

"Well, what about that one?"

He looked over at the one he used before, then he shrugged.

"You can push this block down, then climb up with it!"

Link walked over to Navi, then started pushing the block forward. He slowly moved it, then it fell off the platform. Link grabbed a stick, then jumped down and went over to the torch. He quickly lit the stick, then ran back and burned the web. He jumped down and landed in another pool. When he reached the surface of the water, he saw three Deku Scrubs peeking out at him.

"I think these are the Scrubs that other one was talking about. Hey, what did that Scrub say that secret was?"

"Two, three, one. Twenty-three is number one," Link muttered.

Navi flew away from the water but went back when a nut flew towards her. Link climbed out, then took out his shield. He went to the first Scrub, then went down the line, stunning them. All three went down, and they watched, confused.

"That should have worked. Why didn't it?" Link asked.

"I think that secret was the order to stun them, Link!" Navi replied.

Link turned back to the Scrubs, who were looking at them. He pulled his shield out again, then moved over to the second one. It shot a nut at him, and he knocked it back, stunning it. He did the same for the third, then moved to the first. The first one jumped back and scrambled to get away, but Link caught it.

"Alright! Alright! I surrender! I'll tell you a secret in return for my freedom!"

"But I'm not-"

"To defeat Her Royal Highness, you need to attack while she is stunned."

The Scrub escaped from Link's grip, muttering,

"I'm so sorry Queenie."

All three Scrubs returned to their bushes, then disappeared. Navi floated by the door which Link opened. They went into the room, continuing forward.

"It's dark in here," Navi whispered.

"You don't say?" Link replied.

He suddenly tripped over something and fell. A door came down behind him, blocking off the way out. There was a scratching noise above, and Link looked up. There was a light moving around, but then it stopped.

"Link, that's-!"

The thing fell down, then it growled. Link quickly got to his feet as the thing came towards him.

"Navi what is that thing!" he yelled as he ran away.

"That's Ghoma!" the fairy replied.

Link ran into a wall and fell down. Ghoma's eye turned red, but then Link threw a Deku seed at her. She fell back, and Link got up.

"Hit her eye! Hit her eye!" Navi chanted.

Link quickly pulled out his sword and stabbed Ghoma's eye with it. She cried out, then pulled away. She glared a Link, then turned and walked across the room.

"Hey! I haven't killed you yet! Come back!" Link yelled as he followed her.

She climbed up the wall, then went up to the ceiling where she stopped. Her eye turned red, but then a seed hit her eye. Link ran over as he put the slingshot away and took out his sword. He jumped, then landed with the sword in Ghoma's eye. She froze, then launched Link into the air as she screamed. Link watched from where he sat on the ground as she disintegrated until she was nothing. Navi flew over to Link as he stood up.