~Bonus Chapter~

Link and Navi headed into the Great Deku Tree. He closed his mouth as he looked down at Mido.

"Now, Mido... While he is in his trial, let me tell you something."

Mido took a seat in front of the Great Deku Tree with a sigh.

"What is it?" he grumbled.

"I know what you've been hiding from your siblings, and I know you're scared-"

"I'm not scared! What would I be scared of!"

The Great Deku Tree let out a sigh, closing his eyes.

"Mido, you hold the Triforce of Power. How this happened, I do not know. The power from the Triforce is beginning to corrupt your mind, and you will soon turn evil-"

"No, I won't!"

"Mido, calm down and listen to me!"

Mido closed his mouth, choosing to pout instead of speak.

"My time is limited. Once Link is finished, I will die. There is nothing that will change that. I'm old, older than you Kokiri, and my time is almost up.

"Link will leave and head outside the forest. Once he's gone, the Triforce will continue to corrupt your mind. By the time Link returns to see Saria, it will be too late, and you will lose control of your being."

"But, why?"

"I'm afraid I do not know. But Mido."

The boy looked up at him, a deep frown resting on his face.

"Just because you will turn evil, does not mean I will stop loving you. You are my child, as are the other Kokiri. I hope you remember this, even once you're gone. I'm sure Link feels the same, though you two often fight. You just need to be loved, and be accepting of it. I know you don't now, but I hope you one day will. We love you, Mido. Even if you don't accept it. But please-"

Mido got to his feet, scoffing as he did.

"You're wrong! I'll be just fine! I'll take your place and watch over the Kokiri once you're gone! I won't turn evil, I'll be just the same! And nothing will change me!"

He stomped away, leaving the Deku Tree in his dust. The Great Deku Tree sighed, then looked over.

"Come out, Saria. I know you're there."

The small girl peeked out from behind a tree, stepping into view.

"Is that really true, Deku Tree? You're going to die?"

"I'm afraid so. I have to leave you all, though I wish I didn't have to. Once Link leaves the forest, Mido will have a limited time, before he is consumed by evil.

"Please, I need you and the other Kokiri to show that you love your brother. He is in denial, but we need to still love him, not because we have to, but because we want to."

Saria nodded weakly, pressing a hand to the Great Deku Tree's bark.

"I will, I promise."

The Great Deku tree let out a long sigh, relaxing into the earth below him.

"He just needs to be loved. That's all Mido needs. It won't stop him from changing, but it'll hopefully remind him once he's gone."

Saria took a seat, relaxing into the bark. She closed her eyes and let a few tears slip out.

"Me and the Kokiri, we'll love him, even after he's gone. It's what we do!"

The Great Deku Tree smiled, closing his eyes.

"Thank you, dear. It's time for you to go, I can feel Link nearing the end."

Saria stood and nodded. She started out of the clearing, looking back once more.

"What if- What if Mido stays in denial?"

"You will know what to do when the time comes."

Saria nodded again, then left the clearing. She returned to the Kokiri and found Mido waiting. He scowled at her, but quickly looked away. Saria let out a sigh, then made her way back to play with her siblings.

~ * ~