Zone Part 10

-Emanuel-

I heard yelling and Zuri, then slight quiet and I ran to see everyone standing around while Zuri laid on the ground with blood on her stomach and neck. Kayla on the ground. I was concerned with the white in her hair but frozen when Zuri wasn't moving. Hunter was the first to move, instantly at her side and lifting her up, Blake going to get a hospital bed so he could lay her down. Jesse faced me and Derek, telling us to leave so we did, I had to drag him outside. He was pale with worry all over him.

"Zuri...and Kayla...what?"

"Kayla only has a stripe of white...she's fighting it...I want to study her"

"Study?! EMANUEL YOU'RE NO LONGER A SCIENTIST OKAY?! YOU'RE ONE OF US!"

I looked at him, easily being able to tell he meant it

"I will help you get there, but that means you have to think of us as people too."

"Zuris cut wasn't too deep"

Both of us turned to see Hunter, he had blood on him, more than likely Zuris. I went inside after he did and saw Kayla on a bed with Jesse standing talking to Blake so I decided to go in to inspect her, catching boy guy's attention, but they didn't seem to mind, I was checking her white strip, I was so confused on how she could fight it. I remembered someone who fought it,

"Oh come on Emanuel~"

She giggled, her red hair nicely flowing as a white stripe showed.

"You don't know how long you can fight it Ror...no one does, so please at least let me TRY this antidote on you."

At first this stuff wasn't lethal, we never intended it to be, we were trying to learn more and if we could make stronger humans. Almost artificially strong, but all of our test subjects died but her. She was the only one, I gave her the antidote. She was the hope we all had.

I looked at Jesse who had light hope in his eyes.

"We need to get her to the lab, I know someone is alive there though. Her name is R.O.R.Y, we found her when she was three and they raised her, giving her all sorts of illnesses and cures. The "zone" was originally supposed to be something to make humans stronger, something went wrong when injected into her though and she had a white stripe in her hair, she was turning day by day until we made a cure and injected her. That was the day that "Zone" spread."

I looked around to see everyone's faces looking in a bit of shock but no one rejected the idea.

-Hunter-

After Emaneul told everyone the plan I went to see Zuri, she'd been away for a while, the cut barely needed stitches, she told me she passed out from the force of the ground when Kayla attacked her. I was glad she was alright, she sat up and grabbed her weapons

"Look, I heard it all from Blake okay? And I have to come with you so don't try to stop me"

"Zuri.."

"No Hunter okay? Just...promise me something"

"Whats up?"

"That...you won't die"

"I promise"

she smiled and leaned closer, her eyes seeming to darken a little when I closed the distance, I felt the wall behind me as I pulled her closer, I didn't want to stop. Our tongues danced for a moment until she pulled away, both of us were breathless and she smiled, going to kiss me again when someone walked in. I got really quiet as Blake looked between us then chuckled

"Come now you two, get ready you can make out when this is all over"

We both nodded and went to ready ourselves.