Chapter Five - Buying Flowers for the Other (Victuuri)

"What kind are these ones?" Victor asked, pointing at a bouquet of purple flowers.

"Kuroyuri." The worker told him.

"Yuuri?" Victor caught.

"Kuroyuri. They stand for love and curses."

"Oh. Not what I want then. Hmm..." Victor wandered the small flower shop. "What about these?" He asked again, finding another flower.

"Wasurenagusa, English is forget-me-nots. They stand for true love."

"I need those!" Victor exclaimed.

"Sure. Anything else you want?" The worker asked, pulling a small handful of blue flowers out to add to a bouquet.

"What does the rose stand for?" Victor asked, stopping in front of a bunch of roses.

"Red is for love or being in love, white is innocence or silence or devotion, yellow is for jealousy, and pink is for trust or happiness or confidence." They explained.

"Can I get a couple pink roses?" Victor asked.

"Of course." They said, adding a couple to the forget-me-nots.

"What would be something I could add to fill it out?" Victor asked.

"Baby's breath would be good. It stands for everlasting love, pureness, and innocence. Does that work?" They asked.

"That sounds perfect." Victor beamed at them. After paying for the bouquet, Victor made his way back to the hot springs to deliver them to Yuuri.

"Yuuri! I'm home!"

"Welcome back, Victor. Where'd you disappear to?" Yuuri asked, rounding the corner of the hall with Makkachin on his heels.

"Getting something for you." Victor said, handing him the bouquet.

"Victor!" Yuuri blushed.

"You're so cute when you get flustered." Victor said, causing Yuuri to turn a brighter shade of red.

"They're beautiful, Victor." Yuuri whispered, feeling the petals of a rose.

"I picked them special." Victor grinned.

"You know, flowers can have special meanings." Yuuri said, heading towards the kitchen to find a vase for the flowers.

"I know. I found out the meanings to each of them." Victor said, following Yuuri and Makkachin.

"Oh?" Yuuri asked, placing the flowers in a vase he'd found.

"The little blue ones are forget-me-nots and they stand for true love." Victor said, trying to remember.

"Really?" Yuuri asked, blushing again.

"The pink roses are for trust, happiness, or confidence. I think all three." Victor continued.

"And the small white ones?" Yuuri asked.

"Baby's breath. They stand for everlasting love, pureness, and innocence." Victor finished.

"They're perfect, Victor." Yuuri smiled. "Thank you."