Chapter Eight - Character Shrinks (Kagehina)

"Kageyama-kun!" Hinata yelled, running up to his friend. "Guess what?!"

"What?" Kaeyama asked.

"Inuoka gave me meat buns. Want one?" Hinata asked, holding out a meat bun for Kageyama.

"Is it a pork one?" Kageyama asked.

"Would I offer you one that wasn't?" Hinata asked, waving the meat bun in front of his friend.

"Probably not." Kageyama said, taking the meat bun. "Where'd Inuoka-san get them?" He asked, shoving the meat bun in his mouth.

"Some old lady he said." Hinata replied.

"Oh." Kageyama replied, finishing the meat bun.

"Let's go practice!" Hinata exclaimed, jumping around Kageyama.

"Of course." Kageyama said.

They only practice for a few minutes before Kageyama started to complain about a stomach ache.

"You okay, Kageyama-kun?" Hinata asked.

"I don't think so." Kageyama sat down.

Hinata went over to where Kageyama sat down but before he could reach him a bright light surrounded Kageyama. When the light vanished, Kageyama stood there, three inches tall. Thankfully, his clothes shrunk with him.

"Kageyama-kun!" Hinata yelled.

"What happened?" Kageyama asked.

"Kageyama-kun, you're tiny!" Hinata exclaimed.

Tiny Kageyama glared at Hinata. "I noticed."

Hinata carefully picked up Kageyama. "I have to show Bokuto-san!" He said.

Hinata ran over to the third gym where Bokuto, Akaashi, Komi, Kuroo, and Lev were; Lev looked dead on the floor. "Hinata! Are we playing 3 on 3 again? Where's Tsukki?" Bokuto called when he saw him.

"First, look Bokuto-san!" Hinata said, showing Kageyama sitting on his hands.

Akaashi glanced over Bokuto's shoulder to see Kageyama. "Did you get food from Komi?" He asked.

"Akaashi, that happened once!" Komi tried defending himself.

"Komi-san, I was a baby. For 24 hours. It only needs to happen once." Akaashi said.

"I don't know what you mean." Hinata said, head cocked to the side. "But I got a meat bun from Inuoka and it was Kageyama's favorite kind so I gave it to him."

"You were a baby?" Kuroo smirked at Akaashi.

"Did Inuoka-san tell you where he got the meat bun?" Komi asked.

"Some old lady?" Hinata said.

Komi, Akaashi, and Bokuto shared a look. "Could it be her again?" Komi asked.

"Probably. Maybe we should have told some of the people in the area to watch out for her." Akaashi said.

"Keiji, be nice. What are we supposed to do about Hinata's setter?" Bokuto asked.

"I can't set like this. The ball is bigger than me." Kageyama pouted.

"Everything is bigger than you, Kageyama-kun." Hinata said, smiling.

"I think we should at least tell his captain. Let him decide what to do." Komi suggested.

"I can go get Sawamura." Kuroo offered and walked out of the gym.

When Kuroo came back, both Daichi and Suga were following him. "I brought team mom and dad." Kuroo smirked.

"Don't call me that." Daichi said. "Now what's going on?"

"Well," Hinata started. "I got a meat bun from Inuoka."

"The middle blocker from Nekoma?" Suga asked.

"Yep. And it was Kageyama's favorite kind so I offered it to him and then we practiced for a while then Kageyama said his stomach was hurting so he sat down and then there was a bright light and then he was tiny!" Hinata explained quickly, holding up Kageyama at the end.

"Something like this has happened before." Akaashi said, glancing at Komi.

"It wasn't my fault!" Komi tried again.

"What happened last time?" Daichi asked.

"Komi got milk bread from an old lady and gave it to Keiji... er... Akaashi and he turned into a baby!" Bokuto exclaimed.

"For 24 hours." Akaashi added.

"You turned into a baby?" Suga asked.

"Unfortunately." Akaashi deadpanned. Behind him, they could see Komi duck out of the gym.

"He was so cute! With chubby cheeks!" Bokuto said.

"Not important, Kou. What is, is what happened to Kageyama-kun." Akaashi said, placing a hand on Bokuto's shoulder to calm him down.

"Sorry."

"So this lasted 24 hours for you, Akaashi-san." Suga asked.

"Yes. I don't know if it'll be the same since it wasn't the same outcome but I can bet it was the same old lady." Akaashi said.

"I'm right here you know. I'm small, not invisible." Kageyama said, crossing his arms.

"Now you know how I feel, Kageyama-kun." Hinata said, lifting Kageyama up to his eye level.

"Well, I can tell Ukai-san that you're not feeling well Kageyama and we can use Suga as setter for now." Daichi said.

"Is that okay, Kageyama?" Suga asked.

"Fine." Kageyama said, sitting down on Hinata's hand, pouting. Daichi and Suga left to go talk to Ukai.

"Kageyama-kun, do you want to watch us play a 3 on 3 game?" Hinata asked.

"No." Kageyama said.

"There's not enough for a 3 on 3 unless we get one more guy." Kuroo said. "Sorry, normal sized guy." He added.

Kageyama glared. "Where's Tsukishima?" Hinata asked. "I thought he'd already be here."

"Why would you want Tsukishima here?" Kageyama asked.

"So I can beat him of course!" Hinata said.

"Haven't seen him yet chibi-chan." Kuroo shrugged.

"Wanna block some spikes instead?" Bokuto asked, eyes gleaming.

"Sure!" Hinata said. "Wait. Where can Kageyama be where he won't get stepped on?" He asked.

"Set him on the scoreboard. It's not like we're using it right now." Kuroo said.

"Okay!" Hinata jumped over to the scoreboard, almost dropping Kageyama.

"Careful, dumbass!" Kageyama yelled at him.

"Here you go, Kageyama-kun." Hinata said, carefully setting Kageyama on the scoreboard. "Don't fall off!"

Hinata practiced blocking Bokuto's spikes for a while until Yukie from Fukurodani came into the gym to remind them about dinner. Hinata grabbed Kageyama and left with the others for dinner. Nishinoya and Tanaka thought tiny Kageyama was hilarious. Finally it was bedtime. Kageyama's bedroll was already next to Hinata's so Hinata placed tiny Kageyama on Kageyama's own pillow before laying down himself.

In the middle of the night, a bright light woke up half the team, including Hinata. "Kageyama-kun?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm back to normal." Kageyama said, once the light was gone.

"Aww... Tiny Kageyama was so cute though!" Nishinoya snickered from across the room.

"I'm sorry Kageyama-kun! I didn't mean for anything to happen to you!" Hinata exclaimed, nearly waking the rest of the team.

"At least it wasn't 24 hours like Akaashi-san's was." Kageyama said.

"That's true. I might have been switched out if you couldn't set tomorrow." Hinata said.

"Go to sleep!" Yelled Daichi.