Prologue

(PRESENT)

"Rachel! Hurry up or you will be late for grandma's!" I yelled softly.

My three year old daughter came running down the stairs and I smiled as she grabbed took off to the car. I picked her shoes up and then grabbed my purse before following her.

"You will need these." I said with a laugh as I handed her shoes to her.

"Why are we going to Grandma's again?" She asked with a frown.

"Because daddy is away and mommy has a business meeting." I said as I started the car.

I started to my boyfriend's parent's house and frowned as I saw a pout on my daughter's face.

"What's wrong gummybear?" I asked softly.

"I wish you wouldn't have to go.... I miss you." She said softly.

"I won't be gone long, and daddy will be coming home soon." I said with a small smile.

"Unless he is called away again."

I let out a sigh as I pulled into the driveway and put the car into park. The front door open and I watched as her grandmother came out.

"Finally! How are you?" She asked kissing my cheek.

"We are good.... Rach is in a bad mood, though.... I think she misses her daddy." I said as Rachel went into the house.

"Don't worry, I'm sure she will be fine, now you have work to do. I'll watch out for her." She said with a smile.

"Tell her I love her.... and I'm sorry that I have to go away again." I said softly.

"I will... be safe." She said as I got back into the car.

I put the car in drive and looked up into the window to see Rachel watching me. I blew her a kiss and then I took off. It wasn't long before I made it to the airport and made my way to the TerraSave headquarters. I smiled as I walked in and made my way to one of my friends.

"I see you made it." She said with a smile.

"Come on Claire, like I would miss a chance to bug the crap out of you." I said with a laugh.

"Dee meet Moira Burton." She said as she put an arm around a girl.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Claudia." I said shaking her hand.

"So how is Piers?" Claire asked with a smile.

"I haven't heard from him... I know he is on a mission... but that is all I know." I said softly.

"I'm sure he is fine." She said with a smile.

I nodded my head and made my way around the room. I stopped to talk to the boss, and then I went over to the table and pulled my phone out. I dialed the Nivan's house and waited for an answer.

"Hello?" A voice asked softly.

"Hey, it's Claudia... how is Rach?" I asked softly.

"She is good, a little tired, but good." She said softly.

"Can I talk to her?"

"Rach your mother is on the phone!"

"Tell her I hate her!" A voice yelled.

"I'm sorry... she doesn't want to talk to you right now." She said sadly.

"It's fine.... if Piers calls give him my number. Had to change it again." I said softly.

"I will." She said before she hung up.

"You okay?" A voice asked.

I turned to see Neil and sent him a small smile.

"Yea, just tried to talk to my daughter.... she is asleep." I said softly.

"It is pretty late..... so how is the hubby?" He asked with a smile.

"I'm not married... we are just dating... I'm not looking for marriage." I said as I slipped my phone in my boot.

I heard a sound and turned to see a team of men with guns come in. Before any of us could do anything they had knocked all of us out. The last thing I saw before I passed out was a woman walk into the room and send me a smile. The next time I woke up I was on the floor and had a bracelet on my wrist. I set up and dusted myself off.

"Hello?" I called out.

When I got no reply I looked around for anyone. Soon I saw two figures and I called out to them.

"Dee, you are here too?" Moira asked in shock.

"I wonder who else is here." Claire said calmly.

The door soon opened and I walked out as it shut.

"What is going on?" I asked calmly.

"We got kidnapped. We are in a sort of prison." Moira explained.

"Great. Rach is going to be so mad at me." I said shaking my head.

We made our way through the prison and I let out a sigh as I found a handgun. We went to find the key and I got stuck in a hard place with Moira. I quickly knocked one of the zombies down and shot the one in front of Moira before shooting the one at my feet. I grabbed a piece of metal and stabbed it into another one.

"So how do you know how to do that?" She asked as we made our way to Claire.

"It's a long story." I said softly.

Claire looked over at me with a frown as I held my gun to my side. We made it out of the prison and went to find other survivors.