10

(Six years earlier)

I let out a sigh as I started to pack my bags. It had been three months since I saw Piers and I felt a hole in my heart from having to say goodbye.

"Why didn't you tell him?" Rachel asked softly.

"I couldn't... I couldn't do that to him." I said softly.

"He loves you."

"No he doesn't." I said softly.

"Yes he does..... you might not believe in love, but this is love... you being so sad to let him go."

"I'm fine letting go.... I just hate that my child will grow up without a father." I said as I threw clothes in my dresser.

"I have to go say bye to Charles... he is leaving to New York.... I'll be back later." She said as she left the room.

I let out a sigh as I finished putting my clothes away and plopped down on my bed. I heard my phone go off and I let out a groan as I answered it.

"Hello?" I asked calmly.

"Hello this is Nurse Amy, we have a Rachel Turner here.... she was in a car accident and she gave us your name and number."

"Is she okay?" I asked as I stood up.

"She sustained a few major injuries... she just went back into surgery."

"I'm on my way." I said as I hung up.

I rushed to the hospital and ran inside.

"Rachel Turner?" I asked the nurse.

"In surgery. You can wait on the second floor."

"Thank you." I said as I sped to the elevator.

I made it to the second floor and stopped when I saw Piers beside Charles.

"She will be fine." Piers said as he sent Charles a smile.

"What if she isn't? I can't lose my girl." He said as he shook his head.

"Are you looking for someone?" A nurse asked.

"Has word on Rachel Turner came back?" I asked softly.

"No, I'm afraid not. I'll go and see how everything is though." She said before she walked away.

I pulled my jacket closer and set as far away as I could. After a hour had passed I felt my nerves start to get the better of me.

"Hi have you gotten any news on Rachel Turner yet?" I asked a nurse

"Are you family?" She asked not looking up.

"I'm her sister."

"She is still in surgery."

"You said that a hour ago..... please tell me something." I begged.

"I can't... I'm sorry." She said softly.

I let out a sigh and turned to sit down.

"Claudia?" Piers asked shocked.

"Hi." I said as I pulled the jacket closer.

He looked me over and stopped at my stomach.

"You're...."

"Pregnant..... Yea." I said as I bit my lip.

"How far along?" He asked calmly.

"Three and a half months."

"Is it..."

"Don't ask.... please." I said as I walked past him and set down.

"How you holding up?" Charles asked as he sent me a smile.

"Been better.... won't tell me anything besides she is in surgery." I said softly.

"I'm sure she is fine.... she is the strongest person I know."

"I hope so... I can't do this without her." I whispered.

Piers set back down and I looked at my hands.

"I'm going to get some drinks.... do you want anything?" Charles asked softly.

"Water." I said not looking up.

"Same." Piers said as he kept looking at me.

Charles left and it wasn't long before a doctor came.

"Rachel Turner?"

I stood up and Piers followed behind me.

"How is she?" I asked softly.

"She is doing great.... we thought we lost her at first, but she pushed through." He said softly.

"Can we see her?"

"Sadly no, it will be tomorrow before she gets visitors... but one of you can stay."

"Charle will stay... He is her boyfriend." I said softly.

The doctor nodded his head and walked away. I soon told Charle what he had said and then left the hospital and went to drive home.

"So you didn't go back to Eastern Europe." He said softly.

"Please not now." I said as I turned to look at Piers.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked as he walked up to me.

"You just got enlisted into the army..... I wasn't going to put this on you."

"So you put it all in yourself? That isn't fair... I have a right to know about our child."

"I never wanted kids Piers.... I never wanted to get married."

"We don't have to get married.... I just... I just want to be there for you." He said softly.

"You can't.... I.... I don't want to force this into you."

"You could never force anything onto me.... I love you Claudia... always have and always will."

"I'm not a good person."

"Yes you are.... your past doesn't define you.... I know about you being a mercenary." He said softly.

"How long have you known?" I asked softly.

"Since day one...... I overheard you telling Rachel.... now if I dated you knowing that you could kill me.... and that you use to kill people.... I think I can handle anything." He said as he sent me a smile.

"I'll never be your wife."

"As long as I have you..... I'm fine with it." He said as he gently took my hand in his.

I smiled as I slowly leaned up and kissed him.