8

(Six years earlier)

I woke up to the sound of knocking on my door. I let out a groan and set up. I crawled out of bed and slipped a t-shirt over my body and opened the door.

"Hello?" I asked softly.

"Forgot my key." Rachel said with a laugh.

"Shh! Piers is asleep." I said softly.

"Piers? No you didn't." She whispered.

"Oh we did.... now go get breakfast or something.. I plan on staying in bed and celebrating that I passed my test." I said as I shut the door.

I crawled back into bed and felt an arm wrap around me.

"What time is it." Piers grumbled out.

"8." I said softly.

"I'm exhausted." He whispered as he looked at me.

"We didn't get much sleep."

"No we didn't..... thank god we don't have classes on Sundays." He said with a chuckle.

"So... what now?" I asked as I bit my lip.

"What do you mean?"

"Where do we go from here? Act like it didn't happen?"

"No... unless that's what you want... it's entirely up to you.... if you tell me this was a one time thing.... the. It is a one time thing."

"Is that what you want?"

"No, but it doesn't matter what I want."

"I'd like to see where this could go, but only if that's what you want." I said softly.

"I'd like that too." He said as he sent me a smile.

I nodded my head and leaned back on my pillow.

"So.... we have the rest of the day free..." I said softly.

He smiled and leaned down and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss and pulled him closer.

(Two months later)

I paced back and forth as I waited for the test to come back.

"I'm sure it's going to be fine." Rachel said softly.

"No it isn't... his could ruin my life... and my relationship with Piers." I said as I looked at the sink.

"It's going to be fine... it will say Negative." She said as she sent me a reassuring smile.

"I don't want kids... I've never wanted kids... I wasn't a kid myself how will I raise one?" I asked as I tried to calm down.

"Piers loves you and he will stay beside you the whole time.... I'm sure it will be fine."

"We have only been together for two months!"

"It will be fine."

"No it won't..... it isn't going to be fine."

I heard a small beep and looked at my timer. I held my breath and reached down and grabbed the test.

"Please don't be positive." I begged.

I flipped it over and felt my heart stop.

"What is it?" She asked softly.

"I'm pregnant." I said softly.

She looked at me shocked and I let out a shaky sigh as I threw the test into the sink and set on the ground. Rachel wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a tight embrace.

"It's okay... it's going to be okay." She whispered.

After I calmed down I called Piers and asked for him to come over so we could talk.

"Hey." He said as he kissed my forehead.

"You seem happy." I said softly.

"I am.... I have great news." He said with a smile.

"We'll spill." I said as I set down.

"I got enlisted.... I'm going to become a soldier."

I looked at him shocked and smiled softly.

"I'm so happy for you." I said softly.

"So what did you need to tell me?" He asked softly.

"I'm.... I'm leaving... I have to go back home..... I leave in a week." I said softly.

"A week? Why are you just telling me?" He asked angrily.

"It just happened.... I'm sorry, but... we have to break up." I said softly.

"Isn't there anyway for you to stay? Why do you have to leave?"

"I'm sorry, but I have to leave."

"Okay...... when do you leave I'll see you off."

"I don't want you there..... I just want to... to spend my last week... not thinking of you." I said softly.

"Oh...... okay." He said as he nodded his head.

He turned and left my room. I felt tears stream down my face as I plopped down on my bed and burst into tears.